Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Stone Go To IPA  (Read 5923 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Stone Go To IPA
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 08:54:39 am »

I still say a standard IPA is a good session beer. But then I roll like that....

+1.  My IPAs aren't heavy or sweet, so they're already pretty drinkable.  Gotta be some malt to balance the hop levels.
Jon H.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 03:19:59 pm »
I had two pints of this yesterday for lunch.  It wasn't advertised by the waiter as a session IPA, so I thought it was a regular strength offering.  I too found the taste to be quite different.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but about half-way through the first pint I started enjoying it more and ordered the second one.

Interestingly I did not notice the thinness others have spoken about.  But I wasn't out to evaluate a beer, just to enjoy one with lunch and a good conversation, so my focus was divided.

My favorite session IPA currently is Fort George's Suicide Squeeze (only available in cans & kegs as far as I know).  It does have a fairly thin body but the hop flavor and aroma make up for it.  It is very refreshing I think.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 04:35:45 pm »

I still say a standard IPA is a good session beer. But then I roll like that....

+1.  My IPAs aren't heavy or sweet, so they're already pretty drinkable.  Gotta be some malt to balance the hop levels.

Bottled our "Hop Revival" IIPA today at brewery (home now) and I have literally been drinking IIPA all day since about 10 am and am still able to function just fine. But, again. I roll like that. ;)

We did have to call a ride in to pick up one of our volunteers though. heheheh

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 04:38:27 pm »

Bottled our "Hop Revival" IIPA today at brewery (home now) and I have literally been drinking IIPA all day since about 10 am and am still able to function just fine. But, again. I roll like that. ;)

Whoa, that's the way to roll on a Sunday. Sounds like your volunteer might be taking a siesta 'bout now !
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 04:41:07 pm »

Whoa, that's the way to roll on a Sunday. Sounds like your volunteer might be taking a siesta 'bout now !

I'm about to roll into another 8 oz pour right now!

On a more sour note, I'm sure the volunteer's wife is not too pleased with me. But in my bestest Han Solo voice "It's not my fault!"

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 04:45:13 pm »
 ;D      I'm pretty sure`you didn't pour it down his neck.
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 04:53:52 pm »

Funny how wives don't always see it that way....

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »

Funny how wives don't always see it that way....

VERY good point. I wish him luck.
Jon H.