Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: An open thank you to EVERYONE who has helped me along the way,  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Steve L

• Brewmaster
  • Rocky Mount, VA
My greatest appreciation goes out to each and every one who's ever replied to any of my posts (even the stupid ones ;D). As I've adopted new practices and applied improvements to my brews, I've begun to notice interesting things. When I try to clone a beer, I has started to taste a bit like the beer I'm trying to clone. (pretty close anyway) Imagine that! And after many attempts over the past 9 months, I finally earned a silver medal in a recent homebrew competition. That one belongs to all those who helped get me here! My greatest thanks!
Corripe Cervisiam

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: An open thank you to EVERYONE who has helped me along the way,
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 06:49:47 pm »
Sweet! Do you need our addresses? We like to show it off.

I feel the same as you do. All I know about this, I learned from someone willing to share. Thats why I share. Paying it back.

Plus I'm obsessed

Offline Steve L

• Brewmaster
  • Rocky Mount, VA
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »
I wish I could send everyone a sixer! The thing I love about this obsession is that everyone has something to bring to the table, and I've personally never engaged in a hobby where the individuals who literally "wrote the book" on the subject, interact with you on a daily basis. Really shows the passion and commitment that everyone has for this thing called brewing!
Corripe Cervisiam

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 05:36:46 am »
I wish I could send everyone a sixer! The thing I love about this obsession is that everyone has something to bring to the table, and I've personally never engaged in a hobby where the individuals who literally "wrote the book" on the subject, interact with you on a daily basis. Really shows the passion and commitment that everyone has for this thing called brewing!

Agreed. What always amazed me is even though competitions are a major part of this hobby for so many, just about every one will do whatever they can to help you make the best beer possible. It's really a great community.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 10:22:31 am »
The reason I spend so much time on so many forums is to pay back all the help I was given when I started 458 batches ago.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 11:03:22 pm »
I'm like everyone else. What little I know I freely give. Learned a great deal from everybody- especially on this particular forum.

Soon, you'll be giving advice to the fledgling homebrewer...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis