Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Name My Brewpub - What's Next?  (Read 2803 times)

Offline bcnihart

• 1st Kit
Name My Brewpub - What's Next?
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:19:03 pm »
The pub is named and now I have to get my conditional use permit from Wabasha County. If that happens, construction begins and hopefully, beer will flow in the spring of 2011.

Follow the progress at Facebook and Twitter. Search for "Reads Landing Brewing Co" on Facebook and rlbrewingco on Twitter.

Grand opening announcements will be made via both. Thanks for all the help!

boulderbrewer

Re: Name My Brewpub - What's Next?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:31:27 pm »
Good Luck and don't be a stranger here!

Offline mnstorm99

• Cellarman
    • mnstorm99 Recipes
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:46:35 am »
Planning a couple of camping trips down that way next summer (we are saving up for a pop up camper), I'll have to make your place a definate stop.
*Tapped:
Peach/Raspberry Ale 4.5%/18IBU (6/6/10)
Golden Promise IPA (Keg #2) - 5.8%/73IBU (7/3/10)
Jason's Ball & Chain - 6.4%/63IBU (7/17/10)
All His Merry Men - 4.9%/23IBU (8/1/10)
Citra Amber Ale - 4.8%/23IBU (8/1/10)

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 05:45:12 pm »
Good luck.

Are you going to havbe food? To have that kinda place around here you have to serve food too. Something like that.
Some places just serve crappy bar food. Other places have pretty decent food.

IMO, venues with a menu ultimately sell more beer.
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline bcnihart

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 06:10:25 pm »
I am definitely going to have food.  While I would love to just sell beer, the majority of business in a place like this is always food.

I am working on my menu and want to have some standard bar food and other items with a twist.  I know I have to have burgers but it is going to be tots and not fries.  I want to have foods that incorporate beer into them.  Beer battered fish, etc.

I am always looking for ideas.

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 04:56:25 pm »
I would suggest really good "Chips" instead of fries  Use real nice potatoes and get few of those hand crank fry cutters. If you run sweet potatoes through the cutters you have sweet potato fries too. Mix some honey, garlic and hot pepper and it makes an awesome dip for the sweet potato fries. Lots of salt makes people drink more.

Being a type of pub maybe some English style pub fare like the beer batter fish you mentioned.

I helped plan out a few menus for places. One thing that works great as finger type bar food is kebabs. You can make all kinds. Chicken, beef, lamb, shrimp, Serves well with fries and makes great finger food for the bar. Prep work is easy just need big containers to marinade, then make them up on skewers before lunch and dinner shift.

When kebabs go out to a full bar people see them go ooo and ahh then order some. You will get hit with more orders every time a plate goes out.

Cant wait to hear about the progress. Did you pick out any brew equipment yet?

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:47:35 pm »
Shawarmas. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a shawarma around here? Man, I'm jonesin'.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 12:21:41 am »
Tots would be a big seller. Baskets of hot and crispy tater tots after a few pints...:D Chips and queso is also a great bar/beer food. How about wings and fried mushrooms...?::) I'm excited for ya!

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 01:56:42 pm »
I would suggest really good "Chips" instead of fries  Use real nice potatoes and get few of those hand crank fry cutters. If you run sweet potatoes through the cutters you have sweet potato fries too. Mix some honey, garlic and hot pepper and it makes an awesome dip for the sweet potato fries.

Another good dip for Sweet Potato Chips is a mix of BBQ Sauce & Ranch Dressing, a little on the spicy side. Goes great with beer!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 06:25:36 pm »
What is it with the tater tots up there? Around here tater tots are a pretty terrible frozen processed potato product. Not very good at all.

Do they make them up homemade up there?

You guys use them in some kind of casserole dish or something too right?

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 08:47:10 pm »
I love tater tots.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 11:30:52 pm »
Tots are better deep-fried instead of baked. I've always thought Sysco provided some good ones.

Fresh cut and double-fried fries are something to behold too. If I was gonna provide bar food it would be quick and served in a basket. Like Chicken strips and gravy.

When I lived in Vegas I loved going to the local bars. One place would serve a fairly decent 12oz NY strip with baked potato and salad for only $5. Where I worked the bar food was phenomenal and the wings were fat- probably the best I've ever had and they were cheap.

Pint in one hand and a hot dripping drumette in the other... :) Slapping at that poker machine...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis