Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Otter Creek Limbo IPA  (Read 1266 times)

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Otter Creek Limbo IPA
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:35:58 pm »
Recently picked a 6 pack of it and thought it was fantastic!  Huge tropical fruit nose of mango, papaya, and even a bit of pineapple.  An easy drinking IPA with an even balanced bitterness leaves the mouth watering for me.  I have not purchased anything from Otter Creek in a long time simply b/c I have thought their beers were just so-so.  This one is a true slam-dunk!  Good price, great IPA! 

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Otter Creek Limbo IPA
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 08:36:41 pm »
I'll have to hunt some down. Otter Creek has always been one of my favorite breweries, although I've been disappointed by some of the changes to their core lineup in recent years (i.e., the discontinuation of their Pale Ale and Stovepipe Porter). But I rarely try something from them that I don't like.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline etbrew

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Otter Creek Limbo IPA
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 02:51:42 pm »
It's actually a Long Trail beer but doesn't really matter because they are one in the same now. 

I actually really dislike this beer.  Maybe even hate it... :o 

Most people I know love it but there is something about the hop character that tastes meaty to me.  It's an intense umami/glutamate flavor that really rubs me the wrong way.  I've noticed similar flavors in various degrees in other DIPAs I have had but this one is intense.  I get it a lot in Stone's Go To IPA as well. 

The first time I tried it was on tap and I thought for sure it got some off flavor from dirty tap lines. I tried it at another bar I thought would take better care of their equipment but I had the same reaction.  I kept hearing good things about it and ended up buying a 6 pack but had the same reaction.