Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Not going, stuck at home  (Read 2243 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Not going, stuck at home
« on: June 05, 2014, 03:02:39 pm »
This thread is for those of us who aren't going to NHC so we don't feel left out.

My itinerary that week is to work Tuesday through Friday, Saturday I might get crazy and mow my lawn. Sunday I might go get a cord of firewood just for kicks.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
Re: Not going, stuck at home
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 03:09:34 pm »
Your week sounds like mine, but I'll have more work and less firewood.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 03:11:23 pm »
I'm on vacation at least!

gonna go camping on the coast for a few days then hang out at home doing... stuff... maybe play with making some cob, perhaps blend and bottle some sour beers. Perhaps brew a batch of something.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 04:04:48 pm »
I'm on vacation the following week, so I'll be at work, too. I'm flying out to Chicago on Sunday morning. I'll probably be flying over the conference on my way.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 04:10:09 pm »
 I really hate not being able to make this one, especially being fairly close to home - it was in the planning when Grand Rapids was announced.  But my Mom and my mother-in-law are both battling serious medical issues, so it's just not feasible this time around. So we're gonna tend to our Moms, do some yard work, cook good food and obviously have some home brews.
Jon H.

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 08:39:18 pm »
Got sick, on a 10-day antibiotic regimen.  Asked my doc about the tolerance of *any* alcohol on these two drugs, and he said "None.  You can't do it.". So I spent last night canceling the air, hotel, and car, plus my retake of the tasting exam and finals judging.  Made me even more sick.  Hoping I can get a credit for next year's conference ticket.

Thinking of making a therapeutic acquisition (T.A.) such as a Tower of Power with the $$ I would've spent.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 09:21:28 am »
That's a good idea! Ought to salve the pain of not going...

Sounds to me like a bunch of drunken shenanigans anyway. I can get that locally if needed. ;D
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 03:21:03 pm »
Attended every NHC since 2005 (Baltimore), so it gripes me that I have to pass on this year's.

But I'll be there in spirit...and in mead!  I'm sending 3 gallons of a sparkling ginger mead out with the Maryland group for Club Night.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline tonyccopeland

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »
I hope to be able to go one day... work, end of school activities with my four kids, and cub scout Camp starting Sunday.

-Tony

-Tony

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 08:42:20 am »
Got sick, on a 10-day antibiotic regimen.  Asked my doc about the tolerance of *any* alcohol on these two drugs, and he said "None.  You can't do it.". So I spent last night canceling the air, hotel, and car, plus my retake of the tasting exam and finals judging.  Made me even more sick.  Hoping I can get a credit for next year's conference ticket.

Thinking of making a therapeutic acquisition (T.A.) such as a Tower of Power with the $$ I would've spent.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

That's a bummer. The problem with mixing antibiotics and alcohol is you really can't tolerate the alcohol. It just wrecks my stomach to the point I don't even want to look at a drink.

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 09:10:39 am »
And if you can stomach the mix, the alcohol reduces the effectiveness of the meds.  So if it's something you really want to fully recover from you gotta take a break from the good stuff.
The moral majority, is neither.