Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Nashville  (Read 1737 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Nashville
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:10:51 am »
I'm in Nashville for Vanderbilt graduation. Lots of family festivities. I have Saturday night open. My sister who lives here has suggested 2 breweries to choose from: Fat Bottom or Yazoo. Who knows which is best, or do you have a better suggestion? Any input would be great but I know it's late notice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline 69franx

Re: Nashville
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:02:05 am »
Checking through older posts, Yazoo sounds good maybe. The most recent post seems to be about 2 years old. Was thinking with the craft beer renaissance, there might be something new in the last 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:21:33 am »
I remember Yazoo as having pretty good beer, but I'm not familiar with Fat Bottom.

If I was in Nashville on a Saturday night, I would be at Robert's Western World listening to Brazilbilly. 

Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline kennypurcell

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 06:16:47 am »
I am guessing that you have already been to Nashville but for future reference I highly recommend Jackalope Brewing and Tennessee Brew Works.  They are both just down the street from Yazoo. There is also a Frugal MacDoogal store close by.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 09:44:39 am »
I am guessing that you have already been to Nashville but for future reference I highly recommend Jackalope Brewing and Tennessee Brew Works.  They are both just down the street from Yazoo. There is also a Frugal MacDoogal store close by.
Just seeing your reply today Kenny. Thanks for the info. Did not catch either of those, but will look for the next I visit my sister down there.
For anyone else visiting, Fat Bottom has an awesome outdoor seating area with some games available. Beer was nothing to write home about, but not bad either, just a little run of the mill. The bartender said that his 2 favorite beers of theirs were not available that night, so I will check them out again
Frank L.