Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Study Handouts for BJCP Online Exam  (Read 1586 times)

Offline epic1856

• 1st Kit
Study Handouts for BJCP Online Exam
« on: June 13, 2014, 12:40:09 pm »
I’m looking to get feedback on handouts I created to help folks study and pass the Entrance (Online) Exam. I know there are some BJCP judges here. I am an Exam Sponsor for 2015.

I felt there is a deficiency when it comes to material for people to study for the online exam. Most of the study material is intended for the Judging Exam. It is a combination of both book learning and tasting which is good and should be covered, but getting your palate to know what diacetyl taste and smells will not help you pass the Entrance Exam.

As I put in the handouts “The intention of these handouts is to give you a sense of what you need to know to pass the BJCP Entrance Exam. The handout does not have all of the possible questions on the exam. The goal is for you to start looking at the material and comprehend it.  The more you can answer these questions without looking at the material, the better chance of you passing the Entrance Exam.”

I setup the handouts to be in-line with the BJCP Study Guide and BJCP Style Guidelines. In other words, each handout represents a section in the Study Guide and the questions are in sequential order (first question, will be in the 1st paragraph or so of the section)

You can find all of the handouts here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8FXJVWSWQuOM01md0d3bzJNRDA&usp=sharing

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
Re: Study Handouts for BJCP Online Exam
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:17:26 am »
I really like these.
Randy's at NHC right now, but I think we could use them on the BJCP site (with your permission of course).
Would you be willing to send me the source docs?

Steve

Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge