Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Today  (Read 1480 times)

Offline DCHIJARHEAD

• 1st Kit
  • If not Fishing I'm Brewing. Cheers
New Today
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:51:40 am »
I have been brewing for a few years, my Son got me started and for Fathers day this year, (today) he gave me a gift, one year membership in AHA.  Looking over the site there is much more to see.  I jumped into brewing with both feet and went all grain on day one, three years now or so.  I will start with one question.

I use BeerSmith to track recipes and more importantly download recipes. It works very well for me.  I have also notice recipes here at this site.  I'm all about trying new brews and it is my second best hobby next to Fishing. I can always just add these recipes line by line, and I will.  But is there any relationship between BeerSmith.com and this site?  Maybe I'm being too lazy, but it is very nice to see a recipe and download it directly into my program files.

But here I am, "The new guy". Any recommendations how to get the most from this new membership is very much welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
Re: New Today
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 03:38:47 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Lots of great, very knowledgeable people on here, so don't be afraid to ask questions!
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 04:08:37 pm »
Welcome! The back issues of zymurgy are a great resource as are the past nhc presentations
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline DCHIJARHEAD

• 1st Kit
  • If not Fishing I'm Brewing. Cheers
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 05:30:24 pm »
Thanks I will look for the back issues.  Yesterday I brewed a Highlander Amber Ale and today I had my first small harvest of Cascade Hops, this year.  I have four different plants, but Cascade is by far the easiest to grow.  Been checking out this site and so far I like what I see. Life is great, you have a great day.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »
I do not believe the recipes on this site are available in beersmith's format or beerXML. That could be a fun project for you.  ;D
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline HobsonDrake

• Assistant Brewer
  • Beaverton, OR
    • Brew Batch List
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 06:11:25 pm »
I had my first small harvest of Cascade Hops, this year.  I have four different plants, but Cascade is by far the easiest to grow.
Where are you that your hops are ready to pick? I'm near Portland OR. and my centennial have cones but will not be ready I think for a month still. I have three cascade plants and none have cones, but just the smallest of flowering.
Oh, and welcome. This is a great forum and there are lots of thing to eat up your on line time.
Check out my brew history and recipes at http://www.hobsondrake.com/BrewList.html

John D.