Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2014 NHC Seminars  (Read 4200 times)

Offline beerdropps

• 1st Kit
2014 NHC Seminars
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:19:36 am »
I'm just wondering how long it takes for the seminars from this years National Homebrewers Conference to be posted to the site. I am not able to go (hopefully nest year). I do check out the slideshows and recordings that are posted.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: 2014 NHC Seminars
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 05:56:31 am »
Those take some time. The AHA staff was at the conference, and has to unpack in Boulder. They moved to a new office 2 weeks ago. Give it some time.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:51:53 am »
I would say it's usually about a month after the conference if I remember correctly.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:55:45 am »
I would say it's usually about a month after the conference if I remember correctly.
Agreed, and some presentations take a little longer to show up. Some will be on the site in a month or so.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:00:42 am »
Yeah I believe they do some minor editing like if the recording has a bunch of noise in the background etc... Or maybe I'm just pulling that out of my butt.
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 08:24:36 am »
I get conference seminars published on the web as fast as I can, but right now I am still waiting on the audio and some visual presentations. Once I have all the attachments, it will be a priority to get them available to members. I will post on social media and in the forum once they are available.

And for those who aren't aware, we post conference seminars (audio and visual presentations) under the Let's Brew Resources section on HomebrewersAssociation.org. We have full coverage starting in 2012. Check 'em out.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:12:06 am »
Awesome Duncan, thanks for all your efforts.  I don't mind waiting a month or two...I'm sure the AHA folks need a little break after getting back home from NHC too.

Great conference and can I say your security detail are people not to be messed with, but are some of the nicest people at the conference.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 09:13:18 am »
Too bad there isn't video of the seminar Drew and I gave.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bphad

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 09:40:30 am »

Denny,
I attended seminar - it was great, funny, informative, entertaining.

I thought I saw a camera on the side of the room, so maybe they did video record it?

Brewing....

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 09:44:20 am »
Awesome Duncan, thanks for all your efforts.  I don't mind waiting a month or two...I'm sure the AHA folks need a little break after getting back home from NHC too.

Great conference and can I say your security detail are people not to be messed with, but are some of the nicest people at the conference.

The stern looking guy with the crew cut, Kevin, remembered me from last year (in a good way). Talked to him several times and had good conversations. At the end he said that crowd was well behaved, and he really liked the layout of the Devos from his perspective.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 10:47:50 am »
I had 1 run in with security at the end of the club night.  Ended up with some yelling and name calling but while doing all of that I did what I wanted to do anyways (get my keg on on my personal dolly with my cask and wheel it into the club night expo room).  Though he wouldn't let me put it with my other kegs at my club's booth... saying it would be too confusing... So... I had to do a little searching in the morning vs just having all my stuff in one place... But w/e I was mad that night afterwards... but I had decided to just let it go and enjoy myself after that... 1 idiot isn't going to ruin the conference for me.
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 11:05:17 am »

I think I can safely say it won't take a month, but I won't make any promises yet  :D. Stay tuned...
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 11:31:35 am »

Denny,
I attended seminar - it was great, funny, informative, entertaining.

I thought I saw a camera on the side of the room, so maybe they did video record it?

Boy, I hope so!  That 10 Second Tincture demo would make a lot more sense with video!  And we're glad you enjoyed it.  I was hoping that there would be at least as much info as entertainment!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 02:18:47 pm »

Very entertaining. I went with Myles (who loved it and has been talking about it ever since). It was just what I needed the morning after Club Night!  ;D
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline beerdropps

• 1st Kit
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 10:18:01 pm »
Thanks, I'll look for them in a month or so. I'm hoping next year to make it to my first conference to see them live. I appreciate all the work you all do at AHA. Cheers!

Dan D