Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 3-Roller Mills?  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
Re: 3-Roller Mills?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 10:13:04 pm »

Anyone who has a dry glass at NHC is going out his/her way to keep it that way.  Lagunitas was pouring full glasses of beer on Saturday.

I made the mistake of thinking I could "session" that "session IPA". Nothing quite like sitting through a highly technical seminar with an accidental day buzz...
Ha ha.
You need to put up a few pounds man, have some lunch or something.

Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 01:52:25 pm »
All of my buzzes are unintentional

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 07:19:13 pm »
OP, sorry, did not intend to sidetrack/hijack.  Best of luck with your potential purchase!

No problem, I made the purchase yesterday.  Jeff and I purchased the same mill coming from the same mill. I have used a non-adjustable Schmidling Malt Mill since I started brewing all-grain beer in 1993; therefore, this mill will be a big change for me. I hope that I do not regret getting an adjustable mill because the non-adjustable Malt Mill is stupid proof.
haha well you can mill too fine or not enough... It will likely have an 'adjustment' period... One place to start though would be to measure the gap on your old mill and start with the same gap on the MM.  I don't know the gap on mine.. but I never change it... and it has never loosened... But it's pretty tight... I find it does a good job of crushing everything and still leaving enough husk with no tannins in the resulting beer... It's narrow enough that I don't feel the need to adjust it when I use wheat malt.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"