Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New to HomeBrewing  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Steve L

• Brewmaster
  • Rocky Mount, VA
Re: New to HomeBrewing
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 03:43:41 am »
One thing nobody mentions is that you can simply brew smaller batches and still be able to move to AG with most of your extract setup. Since I'm the only one drinking in my house, 3 gallon batches suit me just fine, and I can still brew on my stove and chill in my sink.
This is me as well. I brew all grain 2.5 gallon batches. Some think its a lot of work to only brew a case at a time but it allows me to brew more often... the really cool part IMO. All my stuff fits in a closet as well. :)
Welcome aboard the beeritania.
Corripe Cervisiam

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: New to HomeBrewing
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 09:00:31 am »
One thing nobody mentions is that you can simply brew smaller batches and still be able to move to AG with most of your extract setup. Since I'm the only one drinking in my house, 3 gallon batches suit me just fine, and I can still brew on my stove and chill in my sink.
This is me as well. I brew all grain 2.5 gallon batches. Some think its a lot of work to only brew a case at a time but it allows me to brew more often... the really cool part IMO. All my stuff fits in a closet as well. :)
Welcome aboard the beeritania.

Yep, I even do a lot of one gallon batches and I can store my small batch equipment inside the equipment for my larger batches (e.g. my 2 gallon cooler fits in my 10 gallon cooler) so it is minimal space. Minus the bathtub full of aging fermentors...
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing