General Category > Equipment and Software

Blichmann Boilermaker 10 Gallon

(1/2) > >>

flbrewer:
Considering upgrading my 7.5 gallon Polar Ware kettle to a Blichmann Boilermaker 10 gallon. Can anyone share their experience with one?

69franx:
All I can say is that's a big money upgrade. I know you have been doing a lot of 1 gallons experimental stuff and are now back into 5 gallon batches. I am in the same boat, but I sprang for a 15 gallon kettle from the BruGear Kickstarter. If you ever want to go to 10 gallon batches, to split them up and experiment some more, you will need more than a 10 gallon pot. I have no experience with the blichmann, but I have learned here to buy once instead of continuously up-grading. I am sure folks will give rave reviews for the boilermaker though

Sent from The Alpine Brewery using Tapatalk

flbrewer:
I'm not really looking to do larger than 5 gallon, it's just that my 7.5 gallon on 5 gallon batches is dicey sometimes. Plus, I'd love to upgrade to a pot w. a spigot and a temp. gauge. American made is a nice bonus as well.

Steve in TX:
I agree with franx. Look into adding weld less fittings to your existing pot. Bargain fittings will have everything you need.

http://www.bargainfittings.com

Btw. While blichmanns are fitted in the us, the pot itself is from china.

Jeff M:
I love my boilermakers.  I may have spent more ont hem but the built in dip tube and sight glass are worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version