Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sixpoint Bengali  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Kinetic

• Brewer
Sixpoint Bengali
« on: July 18, 2014, 03:52:29 pm »
The first Sixpoint beer I've tried.  It's a British IPA brewed in New York.  Approximately 60ibu and 6%. 

The packaging is intended to be waaay cool.  Tall and slender 12oz cans with plenty of bare aluminum and modern minimalist graphics.  Wrapped up in a small paper box with the same graphics motif.

A - Crystal clear orange color with a small head, no bubbles and a little bit of lace.

S - East Kent Goldings mixed with a citrus hop.   Floral, lavender, herbal and light citrus.  Good caramel malt note with low-medium intensity.  Faint yeast of American or British origin.  Moderate overall intensity aroma.  Pleasant.

T - Similar to the aroma.  Not super impressive on the first beer, but it made a better impression after a few.  Mild bitterness for an IPA and a little sweeter than my preference.  Soft water.  Balanced.  Decent. 

O - I can't say this beer was awesome or objectionable and didn't mind drinking it.  I can see how people would like it, if they wanted a soft British style IPA.  It's well made and had no off flavors or flaws. 

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Sixpoint Bengali
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:02:30 pm »
I actually buy this rather frequently, it's a nice simple easy drinker not necessarily pushing any boundaries.
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 01:55:30 pm »
Give the Resin a try, good stuff!

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 03:09:28 pm »
I buy it semi-regularly too, when I can find a fresh 4 pack. Pretty good stuff.
Jon H.

Offline BeerBeacon

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:01 pm »
This is a good one, but for $8.99 for a 4-pack (due to anti-capitalist Ohio Liquor Laws) there's just too many others that are much better for a much better price! e.g. Ballast Point Sculpin is only $0.16 more per beer after all!