Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How do I include an image in my post?  (Read 25103 times)

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
How do I include an image in my post?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2019, 04:44:16 pm »
Photobucket used to work fine here, but now forces you to be a paid subscriber if you want to use their platform to host photos which you want to link to on other sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 04:46:23 pm by smkranz »
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
Re: How do I include an image in my post?
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 10:04:26 am »
An unpaid account can still post pics from photobucket. They have this God awful watermark on them though....
As for linking to outside sites I wouldn't know.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 10:06:04 am by Kevin »
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2021, 06:33:15 am »
I use Imgur because it's simple and free (no water marks either). Works from a web browser, or phone, and is automated into my desktop screenshot software. It's only worked one time however. I think I've finally figured out why. After uploading my picture to imgur, posting the actual link from the address bar of the web browser doesn't work. I need to change "imgur.com" in the link to "i.imgur.com". Just a guess, but might be imgur.com is only allowing "i.imgur.com" from forums because they do some kind of extra load balancing.

Just wanted to drop a note here for anyone else wondering how to post a picture if they don't use tapatalk. An example of the bbcode is below. You can paste the code in and use the Preview button to see how it looks without actually posting. The width= and height= parts are optional. If you picture is way too big, you can set those sizes so it takes up less space in the post. Once posted, clicking the picture will show it full size.

Code: [Select]
[img width=252 height=374]https://i.imgur.com/xN2IPO0.png[/img]

update: found a much easier cut-and-paste feature on Imgur. Adding a screenshot below as this question gets asked quite frequently so going to link people here.

(Hover over your uploaded picture to get the gray Copy Link button to show up)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 03:33:31 am by Joe_Beer »

Offline john midgley

• 1st Kit
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 05:51:34 pm »
I've read this entire thread. I opened a tapatalk app account and posted my images. I clicked on the images and copied the URL . I clicked the insert image button and pasted the URL into the space as instructed....and it didn't work. I'be been trying to get this to work for a couple of hours and am totally confused? what am I doing wrong ? or is Tapatalk also now not possible?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 05:55:09 pm by john midgley »

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
How do I include an image in my post?
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2022, 06:11:59 pm »
Select the ‘mountain’. Choose one of your photos.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 06:13:56 pm by BrewBama »

Offline john midgley

• 1st Kit
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2022, 07:21:33 am »
Thanks for the reply.
I do not have an icon of a "mountain" i have a picture frame with what looks like a mona lisa in it ? and when i click on it up pops some code see here:

(img)(/img)
I don't have any of the Icons you are showing? My icons look decidedly early days of computing...
I am using safari....could that be the problem??
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 12:06:44 pm by john midgley »

Offline Joe_Beer

• Brewer
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2022, 05:21:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
I do not have an icon of a "mountain" i have a picture frame with what looks like a mona lisa in it ? and when i click on it up pops some code see here:

(img)(/img)
I don't have any of the Icons you are showing? My icons look decidedly early days of computing...
I am using safari....could that be the problem??

The icons you're referring to are the forum software and the "Mona Lisa" icon is the correct icon for posting a picture. I don't think Safari is causing you any problems, the forum software is just a super difficult way for posting pictures.

The imgur.com site has changed their interface since my earlier post and things don't work the same way anymore. I dug into it a little bit and it's super complicated. I use imgur because they allow access to upload and view without needing to login to anything. That makes it work well for the forum since the uploaded picture isn't behind a login.

Some services like Google drive may allow you to create a "shared link" that may work here too but I don't know for sure. There also appears to be an Imgur Upload app for Android on Google play, probably one for iPhone too if that's your preference. But, by that time, you may just want to install Tapatalk on your phone and be done with it.

The idea is the forum software will recognize the URL for the picture in between the two [img] tags. If you can get a picture uploaded somewhere, you would insert the URL there. You can test your picture/post using the PREVIEW button before hitting POST to make sure it works OK.