General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Water

(1/7) > >>

BrewBama:
I recently visited Keith at Yellowhammer and I knew he was busy but I did have one brewing question ready in case I got a chance to ask. The question was: what do you do to condition your water?   He took the time to school me on his thought process. I live within 15 miles of the brewery so I figured what's good for Yellowhammer is good for Big Deck BBQ and Brew. LOL

I feel like that's my next step so I ask the same question here: what do you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie:
100% RO. I buy it at the grocery store or a local ice house. I use the paid version of bru'n water to add salts back.

denny:
I use my well water.  It's fairly, but not completely, neutral.  For extremely light colored beer, I'll either use all distilled or cut my water with distilled.  Otherwise, I just adjust with CaSO4, CaCl2, NaCl, pickling lime, etc.

HoosierBrew:

--- Quote from: Steve in TX on July 27, 2014, 11:52:25 AM ---100% RO. I buy it at the grocery store or a local ice house. I use the paid version of bru'n water to add salts back.

--- End quote ---

+1

yso191:

--- Quote from: HoosierBrew on July 27, 2014, 11:56:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Steve in TX on July 27, 2014, 11:52:25 AM ---100% RO. I buy it at the grocery store or a local ice house. I use the paid version of bru'n water to add salts back.

--- End quote ---

+1

--- End quote ---

+2 
Except that I have an under-the-sink RO system, so I buy filters not water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version