Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BJCP Dinner at NHC?  (Read 4289 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
BJCP Dinner at NHC?
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:38:10 am »
Anybody know if this is happening this year?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline gail

• Assistant Brewer
Re: BJCP Dinner at NHC?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 05:44:13 pm »
It is listed as an event on the schedule but no official word yet from the BJCP; last couple of years there was no posting on it until about a month out from the conference.  I saw Gordon this weekend, too, and meant to ask but got talking about other beer things...I have found it to be a very informative and worthwhile part of the pre-conference and one I'd highly recommend to all the BJCP judges who attend the conference.  Keep watch on the website:  www.bjcp.org for info.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:49:04 pm by gail »

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:28:30 am »
Thank you, Gail!  Since it's the same night as the NB/BN bash, it would be nice to be able to decide which to do.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Beertracker

• Brewer
  • ExperiFermenting since 1994!
    • Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 12:00:14 pm »
Thank you, Gail!  Since it's the same night as the NB/BN bash, it would be nice to be able to decide which to do.

The pub crawl's that night too... there's too many choices!  ::)
CHEERS! Jeff
"A homebrewed beer is truly a superior beer." ~ "Buffalo" Bill Owens - American Brewer

Jeffrey Swearengin
Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers (FOAM)
Tulsa, OK USA

Offline dakotabrewer

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:48:54 am »

That's a no brainer - come to BN5/NB17!  Sounds like it will be awesome, looking forward to June!

Offline joseph540

• Conference
  • 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 01:09:51 pm »
It is definitely happening.  Details are being finalized now and signup will be advertised widely soon.  It should not be an either/or thing ... I know many people who will be doing both the BJCP dinner and the party.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 03:12:25 pm »
Being able to do both is great news, Joe!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 05:28:05 am »
Registration is open. I don't believe one could make both events unless they cut one short (or skip the educational portion of the BJCP program).
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 09:32:37 am »
(or skip the educational portion of the BJCP program).

Hell, I know everything anyway!  ;)

www.dennybrew.com

Offline krcotter

• 1st Kit
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 08:20:05 pm »
Everything is on the Chillin in MInnesota site, including the BJCP dinner and the BN/NB party. I know the brewery tour is making a late pass by Summit for the BJCP dinner, so you may do both of those. If you have any other questions on overlapping you may email the specific event coordinator.

http://www.mnchillin.com/

--
Kevin Cotter
Chillin in Minnesota (webmaster)