Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Giving away polishing pads for keg polishing-  (Read 1831 times)

Offline daniel_cerveza

• Cellarman
Giving away polishing pads for keg polishing-
« on: August 02, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »
Hey fellow homebrewers, I wanted to give away some polishing pads if you're interesting in polishing your keg.  I have a set of 10 to give away, and wanted to be fair about it, so I put together a really simple "enter to win" sort of contest.  Since this is a pretty niche project, I figured this forum might be a good place to spread the word.

Anyways, if you might actually want to polish your keg, the link to enter is here:

http://beersyndicate.com/sign-up.asp

And the back story is here:

http://www.beersyndicate.com/blog/beer-syndicate-wants-you-to-polish-your-keg/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:28:15 pm by daniel_cerveza »

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
Re: Giving away polishing pads for keg polishing-
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 06:27:29 pm »
Good luck to you. But what is the point?
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 06:30:56 pm »
Shiny brewery (keggles) I'm guessing. I wouldn't waste time shining my kegs.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 05:52:40 am »
I read the tutorial.  That is a ton of work for nothing but pretty, shiny.  Basic metal polishing but it would eat up time like nobodies business.

Have fun if you win one.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 09:38:55 am »
I would also say, just buy SS BK and leave those kegs to breweries. We LOVE our kegs.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline daniel_cerveza

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 11:06:03 am »
Good luck to you. But what is the point?

I totally admit this is completely a sort of passion project... at least on the surface of it.  I think I initially polished my kettle just to see if I could.  Then, it turned out that I actually wanted to brew more, as silly as it sounds, partly just to use the shiny keg.  Here's the strange part: I think I actually took brewing more seriously and brewed better beer because looking at the keg reminded me that if I took the time to do something as seemingly pointless as polishing a keg, then how much more attention I should pay to the other elements of brewing that 'really matter'. 

I've heard some people say that the beer they brew is a reflection of themselves; this takes on an added layer of meaning when you literally see yourself in the kettle you're brewing with!  Lol!  Anyways, it's true, it does take a couple hours to polish a whole keg depending on how clean the outside is to begin with and how much a of perfectionist you are, and you might fully benefit more from doing something else with those couple hours.  But then again you have a polished keg for the rest of your life--- and then there's that reflection of you starring back reminding you that if you took the time to do something as seemingly pointless as polishing a keg, how much more thoughtful you could be with the rest of your craft.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:19:17 am by daniel_cerveza »

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 11:33:12 am »
To be clear, I think its awesome. Its just that I use stainless kettles in my brewery. My kegs are 5 gallon cornies. They get banged around a bit and spend most of their time hidden in a cooler.