Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: dry hopping schedule  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: dry hopping schedule
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 02:00:12 pm »
Giant tea balls work well too. Search around to find a good price. Last time I bought one it was only $5. Asian grocery stores often sell them too.

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Locking-Strainer-Infuser-Diameter/dp/B003FCMCMO/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1407182356&sr=1-1&keywords=giant+tea+ball

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 02:01:53 pm »
Thanks Steve and Jon, think I will measure when I get home and decide from there
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline mattybrass

• Assistant Brewer
  • Another round please!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 02:02:39 pm »
I dry hop usually 7 days in keg @ room temp while I carb before putting into the kegerator, and usually leave the hops in since I use a dry hop canister.

EDIT -  http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Dry-Hopper-with-twist-cap_p_155.html

I highly recommend the longer (18") one, for its much bigger capacity. It also doubles as an excellent vessel for coffee beans, fruit, wood chips, etc.
Jon,
I'm at work now, so I can't measure my ale pail, does the 18" version fit in a ale pail. Just bottled my IPA with 4oz dry hops, and don't want to go through that again without something to contain the hops. I have bags but this looks really efficient and easy to use.

I don't know -  I doubt it.  It's really made for a corny keg. Works great for that. I used paint strainer bags for years though, and had good luck.

+1 to both of these. I have the 18" for corny keg and its awesome, when im dry hopping etc in carboys i use nylon bags (aka paint strainer bags) they also work great.