Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Problem viewing eZymurgy in browser, both Chrome and IE  (Read 2212 times)

Offline The_Bishop

• 1st Kit
Problem viewing eZymurgy in browser, both Chrome and IE
« on: August 11, 2014, 09:09:31 am »
Trying to read the Burton on Trent water article.

Viewing the issues on the desktop site, I have an odd problem. In Chrome, The magazine viewer comes up, I see the cover, but after page seven, all the pages are blank.  Ad blockers are disabled, no difference.

In IE 11, all I ever see is the metal looking background.  The viewer never shows up.

Any ideas on what to try?

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
Re: Problem viewing eZymurgy in browser, both Chrome and IE
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 09:38:15 am »
Thanks for letting us know. I'm going to look into this now and see what we can find...

Cheers,
Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline The_Bishop

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:51:31 am »
As an add-on, it seems to be a problem with all of the archived issues. Regardless of which issue I try to view, I have the same problem. Everything after page 7 is blank.

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:58:38 am »
Thanks for the information! I passed it along to our web team and they had some ideas...

How do you get to eZymurgy on desktop? Are you logging into HomebrewersAssociation.org and clicking through from there? Or are you bookmarking eZymurgy directly and trying to access this way? If you bookmark directly, it could be a cookies issue, and it just needs to be refreshed. Try accessing eZymurgy by clicking through on HomebrewersAssociation.org (From the main nav: Magazine>eZymurgy).

If you are having these issues when clicking through on the website, could you provide the specifics of your computer's operating system?

Thanks again for working with us on this,
Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline The_Bishop

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:48:24 am »
I'm accessing it via logging into HomebrewersAssociation.org, then clicking through from there.

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. Browser is Google Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m.  IE version is latest one.

Also discovered: If I log in via IE, the following page (/aha2013/includes/proc_login.php) results in a 404 error.  If I just click back to the main page, I'm logged in.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 03:03:54 pm »
I'm accessing it via logging into HomebrewersAssociation.org, then clicking through from there.

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. Browser is Google Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m.  IE version is latest one.

Also discovered: If I log in via IE, the following page (/aha2013/includes/proc_login.php) results in a 404 error.  If I just click back to the main page, I'm logged in.

Just accessed it on my Win7 laptop using both Firefox and Chrome.  No problems at all.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline The_Bishop

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 06:41:56 am »
Just for the halibut, I uninstalled Chrome and re-installed. No change.

I can't even begin to view it in IE, the viewer never even shows up. I just get a silvery background.

Edit: Re-installed flash and now I *can* view it, no problem, with IE. Still no go with Chrome.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:50:36 am by The_Bishop »

Offline The_Bishop

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 08:32:47 am »
Ok, latest update:

It seems that one of the settings that Chrome was syncing via my google account was to blame. Backing up my bookmarks, uninstalling Chrome clicking on the 'delete browser data' option, deleting my browser sync data on Google Dashboard, and re-installing Chrome fixed the problem.

The issue with IE was remedies by re-installing Flash.

My apologies for any tail-chasing I may have caused.