Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewing with cabbage (say what?)  (Read 5898 times)

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Re: Brewing with cabbage (say what?)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 09:45:48 pm »
I'm just being silly.  Ignore me if you like.  Sorry for any offense.
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 12:46:23 am »

Good save. By the way what do you use to get that milky white opaque color in your white IPAs?

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 06:06:39 am »
Good to see that a few folks "get it".  I must say it was an honor making Denny ROTFL.   8)
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 07:08:32 am »
I don't want to ignore you, I enjoy your posts very much and I get the joke and knew you were being silly. Its just that I couldn't tell if your sarcasm was directed at commercial beers and style guidelines (funny), or towards the original poster (not funny). I noticed that the OP hasn't been on the thread since it took a turn away from the comments that were trying to help with the question. I was wondering if they were turned off to the forum which would be a shame for someone who has just joined as they would miss out on a lot.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 07:48:19 am »
+1 to blueberries in the blonde if you like that sort of thing - the color would come through nicely.  I've done a saison with hibiscus, sweet orange and saffron that was really popular, but it was more of a red color.

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 07:59:26 am »
Blueberries will definitely give a reddish/purple color.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 08:40:49 am »
A red or copper colored beer might be closer to purple with something that will add a pink hue to the beer.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 09:57:19 am »
I don't want to ignore you, I enjoy your posts very much and I get the joke and knew you were being silly. Its just that I couldn't tell if your sarcasm was directed at commercial beers and style guidelines (funny), or towards the original poster (not funny). I noticed that the OP hasn't been on the thread since it took a turn away from the comments that were trying to help with the question. I was wondering if they were turned off to the forum which would be a shame for someone who has just joined as they would miss out on a lot.

My response to Dave's post was in the context of all the "because I can" beers that seem to be popping up.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 10:26:56 am »
Every beer I brew is 'because I can'
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 07:00:57 am »
I saw this photo today and thought of this thread. It's on facebook, but the privacy is 'public'. You should be able to see it even without an account.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203466129127457&set=a.1767971452649.95126.1640072923&type=1
AHA Member since 2006

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 11:15:35 am »
I saw this photo today and thought of this thread. It's on facebook, but the privacy is 'public'. You should be able to see it even without an account.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203466129127457&set=a.1767971452649.95126.1640072923&type=1
At first glance I thought it was something from Adam and Eve

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 11:33:09 am »

At first glance I thought it was something from Adam and Eve

Ummm............I see your point.     :D
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 07:00:17 pm »
With all the rage over Black IPA and White IPA and Red IPA and Brown IPA, I have been wondering how to make a Purple IPA.  Looks like this may be the answer.  I would thank you, but I am a style nazi, and... ew.
Sometimes its hard to judge intent and tone in settings like this. Are you making fun of the OP? It seems this person wants to make a purple colored beer for a good reason and it could be a fun experiment and I think folks were having fun trying to figure out the best way to do this. Maybe there is an ongoing joke that I don't get that you know the OP is in on about style guidelines but I don't think this thread has anything to do with any style. I apologize if I'm wrong and you were not criticizing the OP or otherwise being snarky. Just wondering what these posts were about.

I remembered this post and realize I feel bad about it. I misinterpreted people just having fun. I would want to have the same kind of fun without judgment.My apologies if this made others feel bad. I have a feeling that if we were all in the same room there would have been knowing glances and winks that I would have understood. I especially want dmtaylor to know that I appreciate your humor and insight.
Peace,
Pete
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline dmtaylor

• Lord Idiot the Lazy
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:13 am »
I *was* a little bit of a jerk, although not on purpose.  My comments involved inside jokes that were not fair to outside folks, which is most everyone.  The OP is very new to the forum and I certainly hope that we have not scared him away.

No need to say anything more about this Pete.  Let's just forget about it.   8)
Dave

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 08:08:49 am »
I *was* a little bit of a jerk, although not on purpose.  My comments involved inside jokes that were not fair to outside folks, which is most everyone.  The OP is very new to the forum and I certainly hope that we have not scared him away.

No need to say anything more about this Pete.  Let's just forget about it.   8)
For a moment I thought I was lost and no longer on the internet.  ;)
AHA Member since 2006