Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Free Hops Long Island New York  (Read 1699 times)

Offline DaveB

• 1st Kit
Free Hops Long Island New York
« on: August 05, 2014, 07:26:21 pm »
Hi
My name is Dave and I live in Massapequa Long Island, I planted a cascade hop rhizome a few years ago in the thoughts of one day home brewing.  The home brewing never got off the ground but the hop plant has flourished.  It is absolutely loaded with cones and I am looking to give them away for free.  .  The plant has never received any pesticides or anything except organic fertilizers like cow manure and potting soil. I would hate to see them go to waste. I think they are very close to being ready to harvest. If anyone is local and wants them please let me know
Thanks,
Dave

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:23:20 am by DaveB »

Offline dcb

• Assistant Brewer
  • Num, me vexo?
Re: Free Hops
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:53:28 pm »
I wish I lived closer!  But I hope your lovingly grown hops find a good home.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 04:50:03 am »
I'm sure you will get a taker here. Wish I lived closer. Thanks for the generous offer!

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:35:41 am »
If you don't have any luck finding a home here you should try your local craigslist. Homebrewers watch the for sale section for used equipment so it shouldn't take long to find somebody to come pick them.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 07:37:38 am »
Wish I lived closer too. Damn !  Nice offer anyway.
Jon H.

Offline David Lester

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 10:05:16 am »
Hi
My name is Dave and I live in Massapequa Long Island, I planted a cascade hop rhizome a few years ago in the thoughts of one day home brewing.  The home brewing never got off the ground but the hop plant has flourished.  It is absolutely loaded with cones and I am looking to give them away for free.  .  The plant has never received any pesticides or anything except organic fertilizers like cow manure and potting soil. I would hate to see them go to waste. I think they are very close to being ready to harvest. If anyone is local and wants them please let me know
Thanks,
Dave

DaveB, This is a generous offer. Would you be willing to mail it if one of the respondents paid for it? If so, I would suggest one of the first guys that responded and said "wished I lived closer." Just an idea. Thanks again for your generosity.

DaveL

Offline DaveB

• 1st Kit
Re: Free Hops Long Island New York
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:28:52 am »
Thanks for the advise, I think I will take Seniors advice and post it locally on craigslist.  If I don't get a response then I will mail them to first responders.  Very weird because I contacted several local home brew groups and a few local small breweries with no response.   
Thanks again
Dave

Offline jhinton

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 06:48:21 am »
Dave,

I'm close by and would love some. Can I swing by after work one day?

Offline banjo-guy

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »
Hi Dave. I'm in Port Washington. If you still have hops I would love to get some. I've never used fresh hops!