Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New guy  (Read 2807 times)

Offline MO

• 1st Kit
  • Let's go...Mountaineers!!!
Re: New guy
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 07:28:47 am »
Welcome!  If you're near Savannah, PM me.

Oh & yes, we have good amners.

Couple of hours from Savannah...I really like Savannah.  Dug some good Civil War and Rev War artifacts there.  I live in Social Circle...sounds like a hippie commune but it's not.
"Trying my best to be who my dog thinks I am"

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 09:18:20 am »
Ha...I had to look it up on Google Maps because I didn't think it existed :)

Welcome to your homebrewing Social Circle. 
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »
Welcome!  I visited that Athens HBS this past spring when my wife and I visited our daughter (grad student) in Athens - it had just moved from the main drag out to a dirty old warehouse and its future seemed to have been set by those conditions.  Hopefully you can find an alternate LHBS or order online - I try to do both, but prefer to keep my local guy as a priority.

As to the Mountaineers - you gotta like that Jerry West guy - he's still the NBA logo after all these years!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline brewsumore

• Brewmaster
  • Spokane, WA
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 09:19:46 pm »
Welcome!  I visited that Athens HBS this past spring when my wife and I visited our daughter (grad student) in Athens - it had just moved from the main drag out to a dirty old warehouse and its future seemed to have been set by those conditions.  Hopefully you can find an alternate LHBS or order online - I try to do both, but prefer to keep my local guy as a priority.

As to the Mountaineers - you gotta like that Jerry West guy - he's still the NBA logo after all these years!

Once, in between careers and an architect friend got me a one-day job locally in western Montana helping move stuff from house to barn prior to new construction for one of the founding owners of Ticketmaster (in the country), he was out at the barn and the phone rang.  I almost answered it for him but let it go to voicemail, and heard the message being left.  It was from his good friend Jerry West.  Wanted to kick myself for not having talked to him, but I just would have sputtered and offered some lame sentiment of appreciation anyway.  Anyway, the client decided that the amount of time spent in the barn would lead to rat molestation, so he gave me two beds and a couch, all great condition furniture.  Eleven years later, the couch still sits in my living room.  A memorable day working for a generous guy.

By the way, WELCOME to the FORUM!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:31:29 pm by brewsumore »

Offline MO

• 1st Kit
  • Let's go...Mountaineers!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 09:54:47 am »
Thanks for the nice welcome from everyone.  BTW...I got to meet Jerry West a couple of years ago when my wife and I went home to West Virginia and stayed at the Greenbrier.  Mr. West has a restaurant there called Prime 44 West.  He came over and sat and talked with us for 4 or 5 minutes.  What a nice guy.  It made that $250 dinner tab easier to swallow.... :)
"Trying my best to be who my dog thinks I am"