Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewing calendar  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Werks21

• Assistant Brewer
  • Enterprising brewer and aspiring beer judge
Re: Brewing calendar
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 08:10:51 pm »
The Calendar has begun... needs more beers though. Thanks for the inspiration so far.I will try and remember to share the rough draft. Still dont know what to brew in early sept to have for fall/ early winter though... I can keg for fast drinking if needed. anybody?
Jonathan W.
Snohomish WA

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 10:37:12 pm »
The Calendar has begun... needs more beers though. Thanks for the inspiration so far.I will try and remember to share the rough draft. Still dont know what to brew in early sept to have for fall/ early winter though... I can keg for fast drinking if needed. anybody?

Oatmeal stout? That's a favorite early winter style for me.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 04:14:26 am »
Stout or a Porter? I made a Baltic Porter a month or so ago to lager until fall.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 05:45:23 am »
American Brown ? 
Jon H.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 08:44:34 am »

What do you like drinking in the winter? You have time to brew nearly anything and have it ready for consumption. Even a big beer could be ready, especially if you have a healthy fermentation.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Lazy Ant Brewing

• Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 12:20:51 pm »
Some breweries have a calendar of what they're brewing or planning to brew and that might also give you an idea.  Check out New Glarus Brewing in Wisconsin.
It's easier to read brewing books and get information from the forum than to sacrifice virgins to appease the brewing gods when bad beer happens!

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 12:50:32 pm »
Good point.

Northern Brewer has one that may be a bit arbitrary, but if you want an actual calendar, take a look:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing-calendar/

Cheers!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 05:54:27 pm »
I found a pretty cool one from homebrewing.com. I don't follow it ver batum but  it gets me in the ballpark and thinking ahead.

Offline Werks21

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 06:03:24 pm »

What do you like drinking in the winter? You have time to brew nearly anything and have it ready for consumption. Even a big beer could be ready, especially if you have a healthy fermentation.

Well I know Im gonna be brewing a stout of some sort for winter but I was thinking about something to bridge the gap and I have settled on a balanced  copper colored ale copper of some sort. Better make up my mind before brew day…
Jonathan W.
Snohomish WA

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 09:55:02 pm »

Well I know Im gonna be brewing a stout of some sort for winter but I was thinking about something to bridge the gap and I have settled on a balanced  copper colored ale copper of some sort. Better make up my mind before brew day…
Altbier is a good choice for that
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Werks21

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 03:36:43 pm »
Yeah an Altbier would be good but I want something ready quick. Leaning towards an amber, but still undecided.

Jonathan W.
Snohomish WA