Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada 30  (Read 5854 times)

Offline craigg

• 1st Kit
Re: Sierra Nevada 30
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 09:59:09 am »
Fritz and Kens Stout is a big big beer. A remarkable set of flavors. I had one set aside for next weekend, when a buddy who had also bought one offered it up last night at dinner. I'm thinking I'm going to set the one I've got aside for a year and see how it changes.  If this one is this good - I'm definitely on the lookout for the rest of the series. Wow.

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 11:54:06 am »
Had a few weeks back and my thoughts on it were "damn, this is big and chewy and more than just a little meaty flavor"
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 03:52:06 pm »
I had the Fritz and Ken's at the Taproom last week while in Chico.  Very good, with many layers of dark malty flavors.

Ken Grosman was waiting on Charlie to show up.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Crispy275

• Global Moderator
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 10:18:03 am »
I was very happy with the Stout. The silky smoothness and creamy flavor were well balanced with lots of hops. It has been a long time since I tasted a stout that was as nice as this one was.

Someone else suggested it was more Porter like, but I feel it was all Stout. Black, full of chocolate and malt goodness in the aroma, with a hint of citrus hops. Solid body and If I recall correctly, somewhere north of 9% ABV makes this an Imperial Stout. Creamy and silky, with chocolate and coffee flavors, and again, more citriusy hops in the flavor.

Nice lingering bitterness. Sadly, I opend this beer the day it was available, and I felt so full that I left a portion in the bottle undrunk, as I found myself full and satisfied. Wish I had shared it with someone. I remember to do so when I open my second bottle in the future!
Chris P. Frey, aka "Crispy"
Mountain Ale & Lager Tasters MALT)
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild (AABG)
Fermental Order of Renaissance Draughtsmen (FORD)