My first 2 brews on my new system have come in rather low on efficiency. Averaging about 65% . After my first brew the only thing I changed was the gap on my mill, I forgot to check it prior to milling, and found it was set rather wide. For the 2nd brew I set it to 0.35 inch and seem to have a good crush, but saw no rise in my numbers.
3 x 15 gallon pot eHerms
50’ SS Herms coil mounted in the HLT
2x 5500 watt elements (HLT / BK)
12 inch domed false bottom
2 PID control box
Fill HLT with 13g and MT with 8-9 gallons of strike water, heat to strike temp.
Dough in, set PID for Mash temp and mash for 60 min continuous recirculation.
Raise temp to 168 for mash out, and for double batch sparge with a 10-15 recirculation with each sparge addition.
•Might need to slow down my run off
•Might need to mash longer
•Might need to try fly sparging
•Might need to crush finer ( not sure how much further I can go with my false bottom, first time ever using one)
Any other input is more than welcome, but I would like to get a handle on this.