Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Member Benefits  (Read 922 times)

musseldoc

Member Benefits
« on: September 07, 2014, 06:14:13 am »
Our club is looking to expand the benefits that come with our membership, much like the AHA member discount program.  Are there any online homebrew supply groups that work with local homebrew clubs in this manner?  We are also looking into local pub and restaurant discounts.

We have an active website and plenty of banners, equipment and such to plaster logos and advertising for sponsoring businesses.  Any idea what else a club can 'exchange' for discounts or free shipping?

Any assistance on how to begin would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Member Benefits
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 09:47:49 am »
You're probably just going to have to call around and see who will offer discounts. I imagine most of the craft beer bars, breweries and LHBS would be interested, especially if you can trade it for advertising space.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
Re: Member Benefits
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:36:59 pm »
GrogTag.com has a club affiliate program, similar to the AHA club discount program.

When someone clicks through the link on your site, they get a discount on their purchase, and the club earns a small rebate.  We get a rebate check from them once a year.  It's not a lot, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick and aside from the rebate, members get the discount benefit.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org