Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Danby kegerator/fermentation camber  (Read 2162 times)

Offline sdfern4

• 1st Kit
Danby kegerator/fermentation camber
« on: September 12, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »
So I've seen several people use the Danny 4.4 cubic ft mini-fridge for a 2 keg kegerator but Has anyone used it for a fermentation camber. Will a  bucket or 6 gal better bottle fit?

Here an amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Danby-Designer-DAR044A1BDD-Compact-Refrigerator/dp/B00BJBBIR8/ref=sr_1_1?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1410561314&sr=1-1&keywords=danby+refrigerator

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Danby kegerator/fermentation camber
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »
Not sure if it would fit on the floor due to the compressor. My buddy has one for kegs and I think they fit only with door modification.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:28:03 pm »
I have a Danby kegerator and had another kegerator that was slightly smaller that I used for a fermentation chamber.  So as long as the fridge in question is the same size as their kegerator the answer is yes.

I will say that you will need to have an external temperature controller and do some mods for accurate temperatures - these Danbys are known for being all over the map temperature-wise.

Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline colingoetz

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 11:42:12 pm »
I have one of them that I just converted. It fits 2 corny kegs and a 5# CO2 tank with a twin regulator. Below is the link I used as a guide for the conversion. You will most definitely need a temp controller for it. I did look at your amazon link and I will say that I would not spend that, it isn't worth it. If your in an area where you can keep looking at Craigslist you can get one for much less.

http://www.fattonytcl.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-my-little-kegger.html