Author Topic: Brewer Bio: Aaron Todd  (Read 1162 times)

Offline atodd

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
Brewer Bio: Aaron Todd
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:33:15 AM »

Who Are You (please include a picture):  Aaron Todd
Home Town (City, State):  VT
Homebrew Club:Currently none
I've been a homebrewer since:  June of 2008, it was a graduation gift from college
Do you have a homebrewing disaster you'd like to share?  I brewed with a friend one time and the carboy was undersized for the batch and blew the airlock out and there was yeast on the ceiling.
What is your favorite style(s) to brew?  Saisons, Belgian Dubbels, Pale Ales and IPA's
What style(s) will you never brew?  No style is out of the question but I doubt I will ever do a bourbon aged beer.
What was the first beer you ever brewed?  How did it turn out?  It was an IPA kit from more beer, it turned out surprisingly drinkable and got me hooked.
Have you ever had a homebrew mistake that turned out great?  Nothing I can think of.
What is your favorite beer recipe?  Don't really have one.
Are you a BJCP Judge?  If so, what is your rank and how long have you been judging?  Nope, though I would like to pursue it.
Do you have a favorite homebrew trick or gadget that you've found to make your beer better/brewing easier, etc? 
Describe your brew system.  Pretty standard, two rubbermaid coolers with a 10 gallon pot.
How frequently do you brew (times/month or /year)?  6 times a year, life gets in the way.
What is your favorite malt?  Why?  Probably pilsner since it ends up in most of my recipes.
What is your favorite hop? Why?  I do like the C hops but I think Galaxy takes the cake.
Do you have a favorite or house yeast? What qualities do you like about that yeast?  I like to keep options open depending on what I am brewing.
Do you have a good homebrew club story you'd like to share?  My first homebrew club meeting I went to I had a sinus infection and couldn't smell anything.
What haven't we asked that you would really like to answer?  I like to barbecue as well, I think I am as passionate about brewing for similar but different reasons.  The engineer in me loves the science behind brewing but I also enjoy the creative process of combining ingredients.  I also like to mountain bike.
If you could serve your homebrew to someone famous, who would it be and what would you give her/him?  I really don't know.
Can you send a picture or two of some labels you've created for your homebrew?  Never made a label before.
What's the most unusual ingredient you've ever used in a brew?  Honey from Hawaii.
Do you have any pets or kids named after beer styles or ingredients?  No
How many medals have you won from homebrew competitions?  Never any medals but I did win a glass one time for second place.
Do you brew alone, with friends or with someone you live with?  Either alone or with the beer wench.
Are you an indoor or outdoor brewer?  outdoor
List some of the names you've given your beers. Which is your favorite?  mostly they have a numerical designator for what version it is.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
    • View Profile
Re: Brewer Bio: Aaron Todd
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 12:16:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
Frank L.
Fermenting:
Conditioning:
In keg: Märzen
In Bottles:  
In the works:

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
Welcome!  You profile says you are living in NH?  What part?  There's some great homebrew clubs around the state.

My club, The Seacoast Homebrewers has a meeting tonight in Portsmouth - 7pm at A&G Homebrew/Earth Eagle Brewings if you are interested.  We were just in Tamworth over the weekend pouring at The New England Homebrewers Jamboree...what a great time.

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • View Profile
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 03:01:19 PM »
Welcome!

From one Vermonter (However out of place right now) to another.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline HoosierBrew

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 03:17:45 PM »
Welcome!  Great bunch of brewers here, who are good folks too.
Jon H.

Offline tress

• Cellarman
  • Drink Great Beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 02:46:10 AM »
Welcome!
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution." - Dan Castellaneta