Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: O-H-I-O  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
O-H-I-O
« on: January 13, 2015, 07:21:12 am »
we only have one team in Ohio that can win a championship it seems.....so celebrate any title we can get!

GO BUCKS!
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: O-H-I-O
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:56:23 pm »
Yes, it will be so sad to see LeBron leave again at the end of this already frustrating Cavs season. Maybe the tribe, lol
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 07:43:31 am »
we only have one team in Ohio that can win a championship it seems.....so celebrate any title we can get!

GO BUCKS!

Congratulations. My wife is an Alabama alum. I was told I was an Alabama fan when I got married, part of the contract. That said I'm thankfully not forced to wear Alabama atire. I can honestly say that after Alabama lost the sun didn't come out for 3 days. It rained, too, a sad drizzle of empty tears. It was eerily quite save for the quiet sobbing of grown men in trailer parks across the state.

I was glad to see Ohio State knock off Oregon. Urban Meyer is one of the best college football coaches ever.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 08:29:59 am »
It rained, too, a sad drizzle of empty tears. It was eerily quite save for the quiet sobbing of grown men in trailer parks across the state.

Man, I just shot coffee out my nose ! Funny stuff. Yeah, I'm a Bama hater, too.  Saban seems like the biggest horse's a$$ on the planet. The NFL players definitely didn't care for him much before he quit on the Dolphins midseason. I think Michigan/Ohio State will be a killer rivalry again with Harbaugh coaching Michigan.
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 08:37:23 am »
It rained, too, a sad drizzle of empty tears. It was eerily quite save for the quiet sobbing of grown men in trailer parks across the state.

Man, I just shot coffee out my nose ! Funny stuff. Yeah, I'm a Bama hater, too.  Saban seems like the biggest horse's a$$ on the planet. The NFL players definitely didn't care for him much before he quit on the Dolphins midseason. I think Michigan/Ohio State will be a killer rivalry again with Harbaugh coaching Michigan.

Clarification. I am NOT a BAMA hater. Just a reluctant fan. I don't watch every game but I catch them when I can. That said, Alabama fans can be really, really annoying.

I think Nick Saban is a great coach, certainly the best recruiter in college football. He says all the right things and leads by almost a perfect example. I agree the Dolphins flop is a tarnish, but other than that I'm not sure why to hate the man except for the fact that he is great. And haters gonna hate. ;)

Coaches like Saban and Harbaugh and Meyer are what make college football so fascinating to watch. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:39:09 am by majorvices »

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 08:46:56 am »
Yeah, he's definitely a great recruiter and coach. No arguments. Maybe I see the wrong press conferences - he seems pretty dickish in the ones I've seen lately. He wouldn't be the only coach in that regard. I guess when my alma mater ( IU ) doesn't play anything resembling what we think of as football, it gives me time to nitpick. With the yearly drought in bowl games and all.  ;)
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 09:00:38 am »
Yeah, he's definitely a great recruiter and coach. No arguments. Maybe I see the wrong press conferences - he seems pretty dickish in the ones I've seen lately. He wouldn't be the only coach in that regard. I guess when my alma mater ( IU ) doesn't play anything resembling what we think of as football, it gives me time to nitpick. With the yearly drought in bowl games and all.  ;)

well, he is talking to the media and sports writers tend to be a bunch of knuckle heads and the ask knuckle headish questions.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 09:02:33 am »

well, he is talking to the media and sports writers tend to be a bunch of knuckle heads and the ask knuckle headish questions.

No doubt.
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 09:05:26 am »

No doubt.

All things considered, I wouldn't want him to be my dad. Wouldn't expect him to be a great guy to grab a beer with. But I would want him as my football coach! :)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 01:03:07 pm »
You guys think Cardale made right choice to stay? Lots of debate here on that one!
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 03:25:28 pm »
I live in Gainesville Florida and work at the university. Talk about people hating Meyers.

I think that this year in particular shows how great of a coach he is. He used a third string quarterback and beat Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon. Even here at Florida, he took teams and beat better teams.

Great coaches do that.
Ralph R.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 04:26:01 pm »
I live in Gainesville Florida and work at the university. Talk about people hating Meyers.

I think that this year in particular shows how great of a coach he is. He used a third string quarterback and beat Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon. Even here at Florida, he took teams and beat better teams.

Great coaches do that.

I totally agree.  Winning it in a true tournament with a 3rd string QB is amazing.
Jon H.