Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Icicle Crosscut Pilsner  (Read 4394 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Icicle Crosscut Pilsner
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 03:06:40 pm »
Right on! I feel much better now.

Edit: I'm so often sarcastic, but not this time. I really respect your input and I'm glad I'm in good company on this one.

your sarcasm or lack there of usually comes through quite well in text actually. Not an easy skill to learn.

I work for some negative mind readers, so they have honed my communication skills.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 04:18:02 pm »
                                     I dread the thought of coming up against a beer that I think might be a 50. I would guess I would start experiencing spontaneous full body orga... well. I imagine it would have to be pretty special.

I can't 'unthink' that image.  Funny stuff ! 
Jon H.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 04:21:06 pm »
Considering the number of 99 and 100 point beers on rate beer, you'd think 50s would be common.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 04:25:59 pm »
Considering the number of 99 and 100 point beers on rate beer, you'd think 50s would be common.

+1.  Yeah, totally agree. Ratebeer and others definitely put out some inflated scores on some beers.
Jon H.

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »
damnit; I just drove through Leavenworth couple weeks back.
ironically I was in a hurry to cross the pass and head north for another pilsner, at Chuckanut.

sounds like I missed out; good description.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 05:16:22 pm »
I have not tried their Pilsner.  I will soon though based on Jim's report.  My wife really likes their Dirty Face Amber.  But for the most part I have been underwhelmed by their beer.  Not bad mind you, just middle of the pack. 

I just got home from a motorcycle trip to Winthrop and had a pint at the Schoolhouse Brewery.  I had their Ruud Awakening IPA.  It may be the best IPA I have had.  Just the right level of bitterness, and amazing hop aroma and flavor.  I'd score it 49.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 09:16:58 pm »
Schoolhouse is fun. Little dinky nook of a brewery but fun, good beer, and an awesome ride destination.  How devistated was Pateros and the Methow valley?

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 12:21:53 pm »
The Methow Valley was (from my perspective on the road) about 30% burned.  I was surprised how few structures were burned - they must have worked like mad men to accomplish it.  Almost every building in the affected areas had fire damage right next to the homes.  The Twisp / Winthrop area was not involved.  Hwy 20 going over Loup Loup Pass was in two ways: right after the fire they had a downpour and there was significant washout / slide activity there that they are in the process of fixing. 

The fire made it all the way to the Columbia River / Lake Roosevelt in spots.  We came down Hwy 21 out of Republic to cross on the Keller Ferry.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 01:32:34 pm »
Thats too bad. That area is awesome.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 09:25:07 pm »
I'm enjoying a Crosscut Pilsner at Bert's in Yakima from a keg.  Jim, I agree with everything you said.  1st class
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 09:38:04 pm »
Ya its pretty tasty. I grabbed a few more bombers today

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 10:08:57 am »
Steve- I've got to stop and have a beer or two at Bert's sometime. Any other good beers on tap?
It seems lately we go to Famous Dave's not so much for the food, but I like the beer choices (50 of them).

Jim- great description! We were up in Leavenworth earlier this summer and enjoyed a couple afternoons at the brewery. Along with Crosscut, Bootjack is one of the better IPA's in my opinion. Fun place!

Bruce

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 11:03:45 am »
Steve- I've got to stop and have a beer or two at Bert's sometime. Any other good beers on tap?
It seems lately we go to Famous Dave's not so much for the food, but I like the beer choices (50 of them).

Jim- great description! We were up in Leavenworth earlier this summer and enjoyed a couple afternoons at the brewery. Along with Crosscut, Bootjack is one of the better IPA's in my opinion. Fun place!

Bruce

Ya thats a cool town. We try to ride there once a year on the hog. Haven't made it yet this year.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 03:33:10 pm »

Bruce

No, even though Bert's is named for Bert Grant they don't have much of a selection - and to add to that they don't vary their beers very much at all.  I go there because it is a nice place, good food and within walking distance of home.

Honestly my favorite beer place is the Beer Shoppe.  I've not done it but you can bring food in or have it delivered.  I'm sure you know that though.  I like Famous Daves OK, I just end up spending too much there.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 11:49:15 pm »

Bruce

No, even though Bert's is named for Bert Grant they don't have much of a selection - and to add to that they don't vary their beers very much at all.  I go there because it is a nice place, good food and within walking distance of home.

Honestly my favorite beer place is the Beer Shoppe.  I've not done it but you can bring food in or have it delivered.  I'm sure you know that though.  I like Famous Daves OK, I just end up spending too much there.

If you could just talk Miner's into having a keg or ten of rotating guest beers...