Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fat Head's Hop Stalker  (Read 2116 times)

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
Fat Head's Hop Stalker
« on: November 01, 2014, 07:24:01 am »
Fat Head's Hop Stalker is a fresh hopped IPA. Comes in four packs of tall boy 16 oz cans. For a fresh hopped ale, this one truly packs s punch. The can says "dank." Yep! Very dank! There is a south of grassiness, but it's not unpleasant. I can't find a list of any official hops. I've read reviews that list Citra, but I don't pick up any mango/pineapple or citrus. I would guess heavy Columbus and Simcoe and/or Chinook and maybe a splash of centennial. I highly recommend this beer.

I'll be having the other 3 this afternoon as I watch my Mountaineers stomp TCU. LETS GOOOOOOOOO!
Frank

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Fat Head's Hop Stalker
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 07:57:06 am »
I'll be looking for it - I like their standard IPA quite a bit. Sounds good.
Jon H.

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 08:30:10 am »

Yeah, I had the Head Hunter the other day on tap... First time I've had it on tap... Crisp and fresh.
Frank

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:51:22 am »
I doubt we'll get it, but I guess this will force me to stop in at the beer store and see if they have it.  I love Headhunter - its one of the most similar commerical beers to my own IPA - mostly the same hops.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 05:45:13 pm »
I doubt we'll get it, but I guess this will force me to stop in at the beer store and see if they have it.  I love Headhunter - its one of the most similar commerical beers to my own IPA - mostly the same hops.

Lol sounds like your arm is really twisted
Frank

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 02:49:36 pm »

Yeah, I had the Head Hunter the other day on tap... First time I've had it on tap... Crisp and fresh.

just was at fat heads here in cleveland and got the sampler board - hop city man.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 06:03:17 pm »

just was at fat heads here in cleveland and got the sampler board - hop city man.

Nice. Their Trail Head APA is really good. I've not ever seen it bottled and only on tap at one resteraunt in Youngstown.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:05:52 pm by fmader »
Frank

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Fat Head's Hop Stalker
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 06:08:44 pm »

Nice. Their Trail Head APA is really good. I've not ever seen it bottled and only on tap at one resteraunt in Youngstown.

I've taken a lot of trips to cleveland since this past summer for less than desired reasons to say the least, but we pass your neck of the woods on the way. My wife finishes treatment at The Clinic next Wednesday. She surprised me with a pleasurable trip to Cleveland in a couple of weeks. She said we're staying downtown and touring Great Lakes Brewery (She doesn't like any Fat Heads - not a hop head). I'm super excited. Surprisingly I've never toured a brewery. Since I learned of this trip, I've made reservations at Red, The Steakhouse. I'm sure I'll find some fresh Fat Heads on tap somewhere during our voyage.

Well first I hope all is well with your wife- best wishes.  You really should give fat heads a shot. Besides the hoppy beers they have some great pale ales, pils, weizens , honey ale they call bumble berry that you will both love. Great Lakes is cool. Right in that area a few blocks away is a bar called the beer market. Awesome craft beers from around the world. Need any info just ask.

check this out- http://fatheadscleveland.com/Fat%20Heads%20On%20Tap.pdf
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:40:21 pm by wort-h.o.g. »
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 07:02:04 pm »

I've taken a lot of trips to cleveland since this past summer for less than desired reasons to say the least, but we pass your neck of the woods on the way. My wife finishes treatment at The Clinic next Wednesday. She surprised me with a pleasurable trip to Cleveland in a couple of weeks. She said we're staying downtown and touring Great Lakes Brewery (She doesn't like any Fat Heads - not a hop head). I'm super excited. Surprisingly I've never toured a brewery. Since I learned of this trip, I've made reservations at Red, The Steakhouse. I'm sure I'll find some fresh Fat Heads on tap somewhere during our voyage.

Well first I hope all is well with your wife- best wishes.  You really should give fat heads a shot. Besides the hoppy beers they have some great pale ales, pils, weizens , honey ale they call bumble berry that you will both love. Great Lakes is cool. Right in that area a few blocks away is a bar called the beer market. Awesome craft beers from around the world. Need any info just ask.

check this out- http://fatheadscleveland.com/Fat%20Heads%20On%20Tap.pdf
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks... She's doing very well. I love most Fat Heads that I've had. I've had many.  She's a beer snob, but a picky snob. She's limited to stouts, porters, ambers and Reds.... And she doesn't like the Oompa Loompa by FH. She love Great Lakes Eddie Fitz (yeah, that's how she orders it lol). She wanted Ed Fitzgerald to win the Governor's office strictly for the reason that she could order a "Govenor."
Frank