Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Can I set my kegs at different pressures using a Taprite dual 2ndary regulator?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline thebrewedpalate

• 1st Kit
  • Check out my blog www.thebrewedpalate.com
    • The Brewed Palate
I recently built a 4 tap keezer and am starting with 2 kegs and picnic taps (shank holes plugged up for now) and fed the CO2 in with a primary regulator feeding a Taprite dual secondary regulator. I did it this way because I thought I'd be able to carbonate one keg while serving the other and if desired to serve each of my kegs at beer style specific pressures.

Is this possible with my current set up or do I need a splitter of some sort?

Thanks!
Check out my blog www.thebrewedpalate.com

Offline HydraulicSammich

• Assistant Brewer
  • Logan, UT
If I am reading you correctly, you have a primary regulator on the CO2 cylinder feeding to a taprite dual product secondary.  If this is the case, you may dispense or carb two kegs with independent pressures.  You can also split each secondary with a manifold and feed to additional kegs but they will be carbed at the same pressure.
AHA Member 900001775

Offline thatgeekguy

• Cellarman
If it's the dual body regulator, with three gauges and two knobs, the regulator closest to the CO2 tank should be set to the higher of the two pressures.
I'm only here for the beer....

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)

If it's the dual body regulator, with three gauges and two knobs, the regulator closest to the CO2 tank should be set to the higher of the two pressures.

Good point.