General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Please Help Analyze My Water Report

(1/2) > >>

tomthebrewer:
I'm not sure what all I need to post, so I'll post it all.
This is an old report, from 2005. I don't have a 2009 report anymore, must have thrown it out. I can't think the levels would change much over 4 years, though.

All of these number come under the column Highest Level Detected
Barium 0.02 ppm
Fluoride 0.98 ppm
Nitrate-Nitrite 0.5 ppm
Nitrate (as N) 0.34 ppm
Simazine 0.52 ppb
Atrazine 1.2 ppb
Manganese 14 ppb
Sodium 13 ppm

So what do I have here?

crabber:
That doesn't look like a mineral content report, more like a safety/potability report.  You need to know the CO3, SO4, Cl, Mg, and Ca levels.  Assuming this is municipality water, I would imagine they should be able to provide a mineral analysis.  If not, order an analysis from Ward Labs, "Household Mineral Test" W-5 or W-6.
www.wardlab.com

hopfenundmalz:
Looks like you live in corn farming country, where they use loads of fertilizer (Nitrites) and weed killer (atrizine).  Don't know the allowed limits.

tomthebrewer:

--- Quote from: crabber on November 10, 2009, 07:33:20 PM ---That doesn't look like a mineral content report, more like a safety/potability report.  You need to know the CO3, SO4, Cl, Mg, and Ca levels.  Assuming this is municipality water, I would imagine they should be able to provide a mineral analysis.  If not, order an analysis from Ward Labs, "Household Mineral Test" W-5 or W-6.
www.wardlab.com

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought. I'll call city hall Thursday and see what they can do.

tomthebrewer:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on November 10, 2009, 07:43:22 PM ---Looks like you live in corn farming country, where they use loads of fertilizer (Nitrites) and weed killer (atrizine).  Don't know the allowed limits.

--- End quote ---

Yep, ton's of corn around here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version