Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sydney, NSW Australia  (Read 1334 times)

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
Sydney, NSW Australia
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:18:21 pm »
Spending the next four nights in Sydney. Any suggestions for local favourites? I'm in the Hilton near Hyde Park.
Thanks!

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
Re: Sydney, NSW Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:39:04 am »
Well I didn't get any input but here's some feedback for any future travelers.

Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel: the oldest hotel and oldest brewery in Sydney, with a pub downstairs and a nice looking bistro upstairs. Didn't eat at the bistro, but I paid the pub a visit.  Primarily English styles; bitters, pales and dark / old ales. Had the old ale and the dry hopped pale. Both were tasty. Food wasn't so good but by the looks of it I just ordered poorly.

King St Wharf Brewpub: chain brewpub with run of the mill offerings. The seasonal Rye Porter was actually quite tasty, and the stout a solid offering. The lamb shank braised in the stout was particularly tasty.

Marble Bar: basement bar of the Hilton downtown, originally constructed in 1890s at the harbor, then moved and rebuilt / restored at the turn if this century. Great live jazz, blues & swing, local micros on tap and lots of scotch. Super cozy and intimate atmosphere.

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Re: Sydney, NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:34:25 pm »
I remember Coopers beers as being pretty tasty.  The Sparkling Ale was my favorite. 
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC