Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Starting a Nano Brewery at an Existing Craft Beer Bar?  (Read 4439 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Starting a Nano Brewery at an Existing Craft Beer Bar?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 05:01:07 pm »
Good way of looking at it. No one questions wasting time on the TV

Offline Black Sands Brewery & Supply

• Assistant Brewer
  • Head Brewer - Black Sands
    • Black Sands
Re: Starting a Nano Brewery at an Existing Craft Beer Bar?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 12:20:17 pm »
I'm currently in talks with an owner of a craft beer bar in Florida about starting a nano brewery at his bar.  The goal is to have me start brewing beer at his bar and to serve & sell it on tap.  Long term, I want to have my own brewery, but this is a lower risk starting point for me.  My question is, can I have my own LLC and be brewing & serving at his bar without violation of the three tier system?  If he has an LLC for his business, and I have one for my brewing business, does that prevent us from selling beers on tap directly to consumers?

If anyone has any feedback, experience, or resources on this topic, please share!  Thank you.

Call the state liquor authority for the state and explain what you want to do and they should be able to explain if it is possible. Is the bar owner providing capital to get the brewery going or just allowing you to use space in his bar to brew? Many laws/licenses/permits around that subject alone... Since they bar owner already has a retail  license it may be hard to get a brewing/manufacturing incense for that location. I'd bet switching the entire thing to a brewpub license  is going to be the only option.
Free recipes available for download on our website www.blacksandsbeer.com