Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mail order beer  (Read 1871 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Mail order beer
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:25:18 am »
I volunteered to get the beer for the BJCP study group that meets in my house.  Yet again I can only find a couple of the beers I need to get at least one commercial example for each sub-category.  So we are going with two out of the 5 sub-categories in Scottish & Irish Ale.  Yes I know that 'A' is not imported.  But still.

Is there any online source I could tap into (pun intended) for future purchases?
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Mail order beer
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 09:54:43 am »
Steve, remember the Bier Stein where we went for lunch when you were here?  They now do online sales....http://store.thebierstein.com/
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 10:02:52 am »
Awesome!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:50:45 pm »
Glanced at website. Double Mountain Kolsch on the front page. Yuk! Its a horible example of a kolsch. Normally reeks of yeast and vegetal hop. But their Hop Lava is good stuff.

Steve, next time you're in portland try Belmont Station 4500 SE Stark.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 05:26:42 am »
Glanced at website. Double Mountain Kolsch on the front page. Yuk! Its a horible example of a kolsch. Normally reeks of yeast and vegetal hop. But their Hop Lava is good stuff.

Steve, next time you're in portland try Belmont Station 4500 SE Stark.

Back int he mid 90's when I was a starving and fledgling beer nerd I used to mail oder beer from Belmont Station that I wanted to try. In fact, first time I ever tried any commercial examples of Barley Wine was from Belmont Station.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 05:49:15 am »
It's just a dinky little place but they have a crazy selection

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 12:31:43 pm »
I'm definitely looking forward to visiting!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline braufessor

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 09:54:18 pm »
John's Grocery in Iowa has a tremendous selection and they ship to most states.  In particular, if you are looking for imports....belgian, etc, they have as good a selection as almost anyone.
http://www.johnsgrocery.com/index.php/beer/beers-we-ve-known-loved

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:21:07 pm »
John's Grocery in Iowa has a tremendous selection and they ship to most states.  In particular, if you are looking for imports....belgian, etc, they have as good a selection as almost anyone.
http://www.johnsgrocery.com/index.php/beer/beers-we-ve-known-loved

They do have a great selection.  Thank you.
Steve
BJCP #D1667