Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I now officially hate UPS  (Read 5000 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: I now officially hate UPS
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 02:24:49 pm »
My UPS driver has delivered boxes that were leaking beer out of them..great guy!

And good job not blaming the delivery man for the bottle bombs or poor packaging. See, isn't it nice to be nice?

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 03:16:28 pm »
FTR: They didn't lose my package. They opened it at the "UPS Store" and refused to deliver it. Refused to contact me about it and then acted like real pricks when I called in looking for it.

I think they up-charge you at the UPS store. I maybe wrong, but that's been my experience. Maybe it was Mailboxes Etc. though and not the UPS store.

I believe UPS bought MailBoxes Etc. a few years ago.  One in the same now.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »
I believe UPS bought MailBoxes Etc. a few years ago.  One in the same now.

Paul

Well, they up charged me and I haven't been back in years.

I find the on-line system aggravating, but it works pretty well.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 03:46:34 pm »
To pile onto the discussion, my thoughts are below...

-I loathe, but use the local UPS store. They are awful and ask 100% of the time what is in the package. I always respond "Olive oil". In fact, I may or may not have said that I make artisanal olive oils. I've shipped (sent beer) with them too many times to count with zero issues.

-Once I did receive a USPS package at my front door in a plastic tote. My prior Pliny contact in CA sent me a box of beer and one broke along the way. They were so nice, they even put the wet box in a big plastic ziplock bag. No note, no warning, just the struggling USPS doing it's job.

-I have heard that only the USPS would have a real issue with the shipment of beer, the other companies just see it as a slap on the wrist penalty.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2014, 09:40:16 am »
My UPS driver has delivered boxes that were leaking beer out of them..great guy!

And good job not blaming the delivery man for the bottle bombs or poor packaging. See, isn't it nice to be nice?

It's gotten to the point where when he delivers anything he says "Did you get more beer?".
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2014, 03:59:49 pm »

It's gotten to the point where when he delivers anything he says "Did you get more beer?".

Sweet. That kind of thing is more likely to happen in rural areas. I love living in the middle of no where.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:59 pm »

Sweet. That kind of thing is more likely to happen in rural areas. I love living in the middle of no where.

FTR I live in the middle of nowhere. But I was in town to ship the beer.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 09:04:58 am »
The Brew Rats used to have a strong beer competition BABE (Big Arse Beer Exchange, OG had to be greater than 1.080).  It was great fun, tasting and judging beers online on a cold winters night.  But it died because of all the shipping hassles.

I quit going to UPS and the UPS Store years ago for the reasons stated in this thread.  However, there is a local private company (actually half of a paint store), that ships everything, no questions asked.  So I use them occasionally to ship beer.