Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Three tier brew stand  (Read 1924 times)

Offline BairsBrewing

• Assistant Brewer
Three tier brew stand
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:19:03 pm »
Anyone have a good plan/diagram for a three tier gravity fed brew stand?  I have a welder so I'm not worried about having to weld.  I'd prefer to use metal for strength and durability.  I have a RIMMs system ready and also have a pump for my chiller. 

Offline derekb

• 1st Kit
Re: Three tier brew stand
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 10:15:48 am »
I brainstormed with a local welder and came up with a system that has been working well for me. The base is a hand truck I got from Harbor Freight for about $40 or so. The rest is square bars and flat metal for platforms. The banjo burner is screwed on under the middle level. The best feature of this system is I can easily wheel it up and down my basement stairs. I can't figure out how to attach a photo with the HTML button, so hopefully you can follow this link to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204252933392389&set=t.1536422415&type=3&theater

Good luck!

Offline ZooBeeBrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:41:27 am »
LInk says content not available. ?
Love to see what you put together.
s

Offline BairsBrewing

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:52:56 pm »
Yeah, link didn't work for me either.

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:52:56 am »
It's not a true gravity stand, but my stand looks a lot like the Sabco Brewmagic. Of course it depends on the size of the kettles you are going to use, but I think they even have the dimensions at their website. You'll need to pump water from the HLT to the mash tun. I didn't want my HLT to be too high off the ground. Works great.

Bruce