Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Bottle Storage "Racks"  (Read 11661 times)

Offline tapman7

• 1st Kit
Beer Bottle Storage "Racks"
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:21:32 am »
Hi all.  I've started homebrewing recently, and DUH, I'm addicted.  I have about 10 cases of bottles, but I have found the cardboard boxes I buy them in are not holding up to reuse.  Are there plastic containers/cases somewhere out there for purchase?  I've looked online but cannot find any.  You know, similar to the ones the coke man uses when he delivers coke to the machines!  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Beer Bottle Storage "Racks"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 08:35:46 am »
i don't know about plastic racks, but there is an old book out called "brew ware" and it has plans for makin the old fashioned wood boxes
Don AHA member

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:35:50 am »
I have found that the plastic file holders sold at Staples etc. will hold 30 standard (Sam Adams, Avery ) bottles nicely.
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline BrewArk

• Brewmaster
  • Rick - Newark, California
    • BrewArk
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 11:51:04 am »
That's just one reason I started kegging.
Beer...Now there's a temporary solution!

Na ZdravĂ­

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 01:19:45 pm »
I have found that the plastic file holders sold at Staples etc. will hold 30 standard (Sam Adams, Avery ) bottles nicely.

+1. The same kind of plastic file crates at Wal-Mart, usually around $5 are the same.  They fit 30x 12oz longnecks or 20x 22oz bombers / 750ml wine perfectly.  You can stack them with 12oz, but the 22oz stick out.  Place a piece of 1/4" ply in the base to strengthen it and you're good to go.

Offline tapman7

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:46:00 pm »
Thanks all...I'll try the suggestion about Staples/Walmart.

Offline drnkmcdermott

• 1st Kit
  • He's all white, he's all white: Cobain!
    • Chicago Craft Beer Examiner:
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:54:09 am »
The Container Store also still has taller plastic crates for holding LPs. Insides are something like 12-1/2 x 12-1/2, then close to 13" high so they can be stacked without crushing the albums. Don't remember offhand the height of a bomber, but that might hold 'em, and not so many that one with full bottles is hard to lift.

You might try making up the interlocking dividers like they have in boxes, only out of foam board so you can fill in any extra space and get a little more protection from breakage.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:59:58 am by drnkmcdermott »
Mark McDermott