Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant visit  (Read 1181 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant visit
« on: August 02, 2014, 06:21:06 am »
I was in Philly this past week and had a chance to visit Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant. They have several locations in the area. I went to the closest to me in Media.  Nice small town feel and nice restaurant for a regional chain.

I got the house flight which included a Light Lager, IPA, Saison, Porter, Raspberry Wheat, and a Vienna Red. The bar maid also let me try a Coffee Stout. All were great brews but my favorite I'll have to say was the Coffee Stout. It had a deep toasty flavor that surprised me.

Anyway, it was a nice diversion from the normally busy week though the next time I go I may seek out a more blue collar working man's brewpub.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant visit
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:34:22 am »
Iron Hill is a very fine brewery chain.  I go to the Wilmington, DE location often, but have also gone to Newark, West Chester and Media as well.  Good beer, tasty food, fine atmosphere (ambiance).  Always a good experience at IH. :)
Ron Price

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
Re: Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant visit
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 05:53:33 am »
Went to the Newark one last night.  The food was good, but I must say the beers were a letdown.  I had a cask conditioned American IPA, that was not very hoppy, tasted the White Clay IPA , which had a grassy aftertaste, a Bavarian IPA, tasted like a souped up wheat beer,  It was OK, but... and a Belgian white IPA, basically a wit beer on steroids, also OK, but nothing wonderful.  I've had better at the Wilmington location.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim