Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bob's burgers  (Read 3380 times)

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
Bob's burgers
« on: January 22, 2015, 01:50:36 pm »
Anyone seen the recent episode of the cartoon "Bob's Burgers" where Bob starts selling homebrew?  It was pretty funny.

A synopsis:

Teddy, one of Bob's longtime customers, brings in a couple of homebrewing pals in for a burger while drinking Teddy's homebrew.  After tasting it, Bob agrees with Teddy that indeed, his homebrew was the perfect pairing with his burgers, and the two of them begin clandestinely selling bottles of homebrew.  Sure enough, Bob's long-time nemesis the health inspector shows up.  He can't catch them in the act, but he can smell "that yeasty aroma" and knows something is up.

Lots of silliness worthy of the Stooges homebrewing short.  My favorite is Teddy, crouched behind the counter, siphoning the beer straight out of the carboy into the bottle, slapping a cap on it, then handing it up to Bob who immediately sells it to a customer.

And the health inspector going on about bacteria-infested beer.  Priceless!

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
Re: Bob's burgers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 02:03:30 pm »
I saw it, and it was a pretty great episode. I enjoyed that the homebrew was characterized as being good as well.
Kyle M.

Offline koop3700

• Cellarman
  • sodus N.Y.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 04:34:57 pm »
You tubing it right now classic good catch thanks for sharing!!!! Its amazing.

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 04:49:09 pm »
I was watching this when it first aired and was super stoked to see it be about homebrewing (and serving homebrew at a bar). I was pretty surpised how accurate the auto-siphon drawing was. Good on them for the accuracy  :P
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 10:24:26 am »
I was watching this when it first aired and was super stoked to see it be about homebrewing (and serving homebrew at a bar). I was pretty surpised how accurate the auto-siphon drawing was. Good on them for the accuracy  :P
One, or more, of the writers has to be a home brewer.
Why has no one produced a home brew competition show. There are shows about all kinds of other cooking and baking competitions.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:54:42 am »
Why has no one produced a home brew competition show. There are shows about all kinds of other cooking and baking competitions.

Because you can't make beer in 30 minutes.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Stevie

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 02:12:29 pm »
A Homebrew comp show would be boring. The process is the same and relatively low drama. It's the time constraints that make most of the reality competition shows TV worthy.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 06:04:13 am »
RDWHHB does not make for good TV. Nor do middle aged men with beer guts. ( yes I know that doesn't apply to everyone but percentage wise you know what I'm saying.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 03:40:32 pm »

Because you can't make beer in 30 minutes.

No, but you can edit a lot of minutes down to 30.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 03:42:49 pm »
RDWHHB does not make for good TV. Nor do middle aged men with beer guts. ( yes I know that doesn't apply to everyone but percentage wise you know what I'm saying.
Good writers and editors make for good TV.
The casting process would eliminate the old men with beer guts.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline brewday

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 07:23:38 pm »
A Homebrew comp show would be boring. The process is the same and relatively low drama. It's the time constraints that make most of the reality competition shows TV worthy.

A couple of Brew Dogs episodes got close to this, but I seemed to lose interest about halfway through.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 08:23:03 pm »

A couple of Brew Dogs episodes got close to this, but I seemed to lose interest about halfway through.

Yeah till he drop his paints and went fishing for some river weed to put it to the boil. 
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 05:49:28 pm »
This season on Shameless the father builds a homebrew setup in his basement made from keggles and all kinds of tubes and other stuff to make it look complicated. They have pumps setup that constantly move liquids around through the tubes, its kinda funny.

There's no mention of fermentation or anything, he just throws the ingredients into the contraption, including bacon and maple syrup, and then fills mason jars with the beer he names "Nectar of the gods"
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."