Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Is this kegerator okay?  (Read 1391 times)

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
Is this kegerator okay?
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:03:38 pm »
Is this okay?

It looks to cost roughly what all the regulators, kegs, fittings, CO2 bottle, and fridge would cost, if I converted my own.  The tower probably needs replacement.

I'm thinking of fermenting off a bunch of cider (like, get a big jug, some hoses, 3 piece airlocks that I'm discarding 2 pieces off, and have 4 6gal fermenters running tubes to a 1gal jug that I keep topped up, because I never keep those airlocks full).  I've been out of it for a while, because I don't have a stove right now and don't really drink much anyway; I brew and pass the bottles on (bottling friggin' sucks).

I've become interested in soda and cider.  There is no way I can make tawny port; it cannot be done.  One day, I will arrange a bulk agreement with Dows, and have them deliver 100 $12 bottles at some discount.  Not this month, as I only have $1200 of my paycheck left after making a quintuple mortgage payment and paying off half of an outstanding credit card (doing debt elimination), and buying a $700 futon.  Can't spend all my money; that would be terribad.

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
Re: Is this kegerator okay?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 06:04:17 am »
I always thought those mini fridges with a tower on top
looked a little silly,
but it might look good next to the new futon.

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
Re: Is this kegerator okay?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 08:20:37 am »
I'm just lazy and trying to not get fleeced.  I can't find an adequate replacement for the Sanyo 4912 that doesn't require heavy demolition and modification, or have reviews like crap.