Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Seminars  (Read 1025 times)

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
NHC Seminars
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:57:56 pm »
Hey there, wasn't quite sure where to post this but I wanted to see if only I was having this issue or if others were as well.

When I'm playing seminars from NHC sessions, they all get about halfway through, and then stop. I'm playing them via mobile, not that I think that would be an issue. Is this only me?

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
Re: NHC Seminars
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:16:57 pm »
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am going to look into it and will get back to you once I have an answer.

Cheers,
Duncan

edit: Also. Is this happening on all audio presentations you try to access? Could you let me know the ones you've tried that did this (please include the year)?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:19:07 pm by duncan »
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 02:27:18 pm »
I've started with 2014 and have pretty much been going down the list. 40 tips in 40 minutes, brewing consistency,  & a couple others... IIRC Judging & Evaluating beers worked all the way through for me. I haven't tried other years yet.

Thanks!

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 02:36:21 pm »
A few us ran some tests on a random selection of seminars from each year and they all played the full file.

A few things to note:
1. The audio files are fairly large. If you skip ahead, it can take a few seconds or so for the buffer to catch up. Try waiting a little bit when you hit the dead spot and see if it loads.
2. If you're trying to access on mobile, it could very well be a bandwidth issue
3. If you're still experiencing this issue you can right click the audio icon and click the "Save link as" option and it will allow you to save the audio file and then you can load it onto your computer or mobile device which should cut down on any buffer/bandwidth issues.

If you're still having issues, please email me and we can work on diagnosing the issue further.

And if anyone else out there on the Forum is having issues, feel free to email me as well.

Cheers,
Duncan
duncan(at)brewersassociation(dot)org
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline allenhuerta

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 05:08:03 pm »
I'm try downloading them to my phone. I just thought it was odd it happened back to back to back, etc. Thanks for looking into it!

Cheers!