Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Introduction and a few questions  (Read 1116 times)

Offline hardway

• 1st Kit
Introduction and a few questions
« on: November 15, 2014, 12:08:29 pm »
Hi ladies and gentlemen this is my first post here. Been home brewing for about 6 year's our maybe a little long. Started extract like so many of us then made the jump to AG about 3 year's ago.

Here's my question...well more of kinda give me some input and suggestions on what you would do exactly. I have 2 clones that will be done hopefully soon. 1 is more beer's russian river consecration which has been going for just about 13 and a half months. and the other is also from more beer which is the bruery's tart of darkness which has about 4 months or so left I hope. anyways after I rack to keg's I really didn't want to waste all these wonder yeast cakes, I was thinking about making a standard brown ale letting that ferment out then when that was done just directly adding it on top of the yeast cakes with maybe some orgeon fruit of some sort. Sound like a good idea? should I pitch more rosilere in there? any idea's and input would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
Re: Introduction and a few questions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:23:49 pm »
Welcome!

I made the same Consecration kit from More Beer to try my hand at sours & see what all the fuss is about.  I put a Flanders Red (Brewing Classic Styles recipe) right on the yeast slurry- no additional yeasts or bacteria were needed to produce a good beer in about 1/4 the time (or less) than the Consecration fermentation.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Introduction and a few questions
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:38:58 am »
There is no problem with pitching another beer on the cake from the prior beer. After a couple beers you will probably have too much trub built up in the fermentor and need to clean it out but you can add some of the cake back in and pitch a new beer.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing