Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: removing kegs from chest freezer to condition  (Read 1018 times)

Offline AnimALE

• Cellarman
  • Beer i go again on my own
removing kegs from chest freezer to condition
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:45:17 am »
I had a beer in my chest freezer carbing and when i took a pull i realized in needed somemore conditioning so i removed it and now its at room temp again and i plan on leaving it for at least a month or 2..My question is will the temp change from 38*F to room temp hurt the beer?

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: removing kegs from chest freezer to condition
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:49:13 am »
I had a beer in my chest freezer carbing and when i took a pull i realized in needed somemore conditioning so i removed it and now its at room temp again and i plan on leaving it for at least a month or 2..My question is will the temp change from 38*F to room temp hurt the beer?

RDWHAHB.  Or just leave it in the chest freezer if you have room.
Dave Zach

Offline AnimALE

• Cellarman
  • Beer i go again on my own
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:51:06 am »

RDWHAHB.  Or just leave it in the chest freezer if you have room.
Thanks alot..not worried just curious if it has a affect..i would just leave it in the chest freezer but i need the space to ferment another batch.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 09:03:25 am »
It will just speed up what would also happen in the chest freezer.  This includes maturing and staling - its all a matter of time and temperature.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 11:43:16 am »
It will just speed up what would also happen in the chest freezer.  This includes maturing and staling - its all a matter of time and temperature.

This is true.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton