Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Irritated at NFL scheduling  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Irritated at NFL scheduling
« on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:06 am »
Up until 1 hour ago the on screen guide and TV guide listed Niners/Giants. I skipped brewing today to watch the game. As of an hour ago it's Seahawks/Chiefs. It should be a good game, but I'm still irritated. At least I get a week off from the Cowboys.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Irritated at NFL scheduling
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 11:19:40 am »
Yeah, NFL scheduling drives me nuts sometimes. And we haven't even quite gotten to the 'flex scheduling' yet. I'm glad the Colts are playing their last (regular season) prime time game tonight. This makes 5 or 6 - comes on @ 830 here, so that's after 1130 getting over obviously. Mondays @ work have been a b**** this season.
Jon H.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:27:58 am »
Yeah, I don't know how you east coasters can handle the night games. It's sucks, but you can't start a game before 5:30 west coast.

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 12:04:00 pm »
Up until 1 hour ago the on screen guide and TV guide listed Niners/Giants. I skipped brewing today to watch the game. As of an hour ago it's Seahawks/Chiefs. It should be a good game, but I'm still irritated. At least I get a week off from the Cowboys.

I turned on the TV looking for the Seahawks-Chiefs game. Damned Fox station puts on Bucs-Redskins. Who cares about that game!
Ralph R.

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 12:04:45 pm »

I turned on the TV looking for the Seahawks-Chiefs game. Damned Fox station puts on Bucs-Redskins. Who cares about that game!

Nobody...

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 12:18:48 pm »

Nobody...

I'm watching it and I don't care.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline Stevie

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 12:22:56 pm »

Nobody...
Could be worse. At least your not in the south east with Panthers/Falcons.

This Thursday's game is going to be a slaughter. Actually, I think only 1 or 2 have been worth watching this year. At least I have Jamal Charles on my work fantasy team. Should net me near 30 points off of the winless raiders.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 12:39:32 pm »
Anybody see that hit on sanders? I think it was clean by the rules, but damn he got clobbered.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 12:53:53 pm »
Bucs/Skins, Panthers/Falcons.................brutal to watch, even for a diehard fan.
Jon H.

narvin

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 01:03:57 pm »
This site is always helpful to figure out the strange regional schedule:

http://506sports.com

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 06:55:47 am »
But at least the Falcons are in 1st place in the division  ;D

I was watching some of the Eagles - Packers game yesterday and when I came back after halftime, they switched to Lions - Cardinals...must have been a good game at Lambeau  ;)

Night games on the East Coast are usually over by midnight, so it's not too big of a deal.  I don't usually watch the whole thing unless the Pats are playing.  The Indianapolis Colts starring in "199 Yards of Gray"  8)

Going to a night game sucks because I don't usually get home until 2 or 3am.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 06:58:43 am »

I was watching some of the Eagles - Packers game yesterday and when I came back after halftime, they switched to Lions - Cardinals...must have been a good game at Lambeau  ;)

Night games on the East Coast are usually over by midnight, so it's not too big of a deal.  I don't usually watch the whole thing unless the Pats are playing.  The Indianapolis Colts starring in "199 Yards of Gray"  8)

Yep, brutal. They have a knack for making superstars out of no name RBs - the list is long. Pitiful.
Jon H.

Offline jtoots

• Brewer
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 07:58:27 am »
What an awesome weekend for Wisconsin football.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:41 am »

The Eagle - Packer game was a good one, even attending the game I got home at 10:30. At least I could get the Colt - Patriot game on the radio for the drive home.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 11:31:54 am »
As a diehard Eagles fan, I was psyched about Fox flexing the Eagles-Packers game to the afternoon, and was really looking forward to watching it.  I went pheasant hunting in the morning, got home an hour before the kickoff, started up some charcoal in the chimney starter to grill chicken wings during the game, poured a saison out of the kegerator, sat down, turned the tv on.....and its the Lions-Cardinals.

What to do? Charcoal was lit, so I decided to grill the wings up, then go to the sports bar at halftime to watch the game.  But at the half, the Iggles were losing 30 - 3.....so I stayed home. :(

Thanks for the link to the coverage, Narvin.  Although it makes no sense at all.