Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: Reminiscing  (Read 2971 times)

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Reminiscing
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 11:21:23 am »
Hmmm......reminiscing over the past year.....I guess I miss the 10 gallons of tripel I brewed this spring.  Those two kegs disappeared way too fast.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 03:50:12 pm »
Over the past year, I went to my first NHC and made my first sour beers. I've also gotten into making more lagers.
Dan Chisholm

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 07:07:45 pm »
Over the past year, I went to my first NHC and made my first sour beers. I've also gotten into making more lagers.

Looking back, I'd like to get better at sour beers.  2 -3 years ago, I thought I mostly preferred to buy them and let someone else make them. But I've made a few good basic sours, and used my experience with fruit beers to make a few pretty tasty fruited ones. Wanna get better. 
Jon H.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 09:27:35 pm »

Looking back, I'd like to get better at sour beers.  2 -3 years ago, I thought I mostly preferred to buy them and let someone else make them. But I've made a few good basic sours, and used my experience with fruit beers to make a few pretty tasty fruited ones. Wanna get better.
My first one (Flanders red) is at the 1 year mark and my wife and I just tasted it and agreed that it is ready and tastes great, so I just put it in the keg. I plan on bottling about half of it after it is carbonated. The other two sours have a ways to go yet. I need to brew another one soon to keep the pipeline going.
Dan Chisholm

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 01:18:09 am »

My first one (Flanders red) is at the 1 year mark and my wife and I just tasted it and agreed that it is ready and tastes great, so I just put it in the keg. I plan on bottling about half of it after it is carbonated. The other two sours have a ways to go yet. I need to brew another one soon to keep the pipeline going.
When warmer weather comes, I'll be building mine up too