Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Irritated at NFL scheduling  (Read 3071 times)

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
Re: Irritated at NFL scheduling
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 01:40:29 pm »
I'm lucky enough to live in three markets.  I get Philly, B-more, and DC.  Maybe I'm not so lucky after all.   ;)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 02:50:19 pm »
This is why I get DirecTv's Sunday Ticket. A bit pricey but I can watch any game I want each Sunday. Of course the most important game is the Cowboys! 

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 02:56:52 pm »
As a diehard Eagles fan, I was psyched about Fox flexing the Eagles-Packers game to the afternoon, and was really looking forward to watching it.  I went pheasant hunting in the morning, got home an hour before the kickoff, started up some charcoal in the chimney starter to grill chicken wings during the game, poured a saison out of the kegerator, sat down, turned the tv on.....and its the Lions-Cardinals.

so funny because the exact opposite thing happened to my neighbor, a diehard Lions fan - swapped to the Eagles at the last hour.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline Stevie

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »

As a diehard Eagles fan, I was psyched about Fox flexing the Eagles-Packers game to the afternoon, and was really looking forward to watching it.  I went pheasant hunting in the morning, got home an hour before the kickoff, started up some charcoal in the chimney starter to grill chicken wings during the game, poured a saison out of the kegerator, sat down, turned the tv on.....and its the Lions-Cardinals.

so funny because the exact opposite thing happened to my neighbor, a diehard Lions fan - swapped to the Eagles at the last hour.
I work with a guy from Green Bay. We get very few games in dallas, but we did get the the last three Green Bay games. Two blowouts that switched. He was pissed that he couldn't watch, but happy for the wins.

When I first moved here I would go to bars to watch the Niners. I ended up at a hooters that is walking distance and had $2.50 25oz coors during the games (don't want to hear it) and the food at hooters is pretty cheap. The lady put a stop to that after week 3. No other bars are close enough to walk and those close by are all $6-7 drafts. $50-60 a week to watch the games is not worth it. Can't do Sunday ticket in my complex without forking over a $250 deposit and $250 fee for dish mounting.

Offline Hickory

• Assistant Brewer
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 04:04:16 pm »

This is why I get DirecTv's Sunday Ticket. A bit pricey but I can watch any game I want each Sunday. Of course the most important game is the Cowboys!

Finally have someone talking some sense around here!

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 09:26:46 pm »

Sorry to be contrary, but the direct tv center ice NHL package is so much better of a value... I can watch my Penguins almost every game! Oh wait, this is probably the wrong thread for this. Go PENS!
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)