Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Blending Brews  (Read 2648 times)

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Blending Brews
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 09:29:22 am »
Most of my brewing these days is targeted towards eventual blending, whether they are sour or clean, but that is blending going into the bottle, not coming out.

I also like to play with blending in the glass though. I have done some pretty simple black and tan style blends that turn out really nice. Left Hand Milk Stout with Deschutes Mirror Pond is a good one. My wife and I play a game at bars where we try to pick out the two beers on tap that would the worst. More often than not the worst tends to be Dos Equis and some imperial stout. Skunk plus roast is pretty bad.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Blending Brews
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 10:32:21 pm »
Most of my brewing these days is targeted towards eventual blending, whether they are sour or clean, but that is blending going into the bottle, not coming out.

I also like to play with blending in the glass though. I have done some pretty simple black and tan style blends that turn out really nice. Left Hand Milk Stout with Deschutes Mirror Pond is a good one. My wife and I play a game at bars where we try to pick out the two beers on tap that would the worst. More often than not the worst tends to be Dos Equis and some imperial stout. Skunk plus roast is pretty bad.
Looking forward to trying out this game the next time we are out for dinner and drinks!
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)