Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best of the Northwest 2014  (Read 1282 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Best of the Northwest 2014
« on: December 09, 2014, 10:01:38 am »
I guess this is where this belongs...

Anyway, here is the annual list of Best of the Northwest brews.  Unlike a lot of this type of list, it is not about cult status or something that one simply cannot get.  That, and to the degree that I have tasted these beers I generally agree with him.

So here you go: http://thepourfool.com/2014/12/09/best-of-the-northwest-2014-breakout-breweries-break-the-mold/
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
Re: Best of the Northwest 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:17:07 am »
Cool stuff. Amazing variety we have these days!

That Pour Fool....what is he thinking calling Wet hopped Fresh Hopped.... :)

"Best Beers: Fresh-Hopped
Deschutes Brewery “Chasing Freshies”   /  Bale Breaker “Piled High” Imperial Fresh Hop  /  The Commons Brewing “Fresh Hop Myrtle”

SN Celebration is really confusing the issue. :o

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 08:02:07 am »
Nice list. Had some, been to some of the breweries, need to go back and try more.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 08:09:36 am »
really great beers out there.  Always end up wishing I had more time for brewery stops on my all-too-infrequent trips back home.  Also wish I'd known about Wild Earth when I went zooming by on I90 on my way to apple country.   8)

(would like to see more lager categories in their list though.)
42 categories and only 3 lagers listed:
Best Beers: Lager
Best Beers: Pilsner
Best Beers: Dopplebock

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 09:19:14 am »
Wild Earth makes some stunningly good beers.  It is one to watch for sure.  However he recently posted an enigmatic statement on Facebook:

First, I would like to extend a hearty and sincere thank you for supporting our craft and for sharing a beer (or several) with us over the past year.

We are both excited and humbled by the overwhelmingly positive response to our beers and brand, and it reinforces for us the notion that people crave quality and creativity - even more so than we could have anticipated! With this encouragement, it has become clear to us that in order to meet the demand for our product we must evaluate our operation and explore new business models that will enable us to grow to meet the level of production our customers are demanding.

To that end, we have decided to close our current operation in Roslyn at the end of December while we investigate our options. This decision does not come easy, but we look forward to sharing the next phase of Wild Earth Brewing with all of you.

Hmmm.  Interesting from a couple of standpoints: simple curiosity and admiration for good marketing.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton